Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New "Slim" Xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Superb humer on these threads :rolleyes:

Go troll somewhere else then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Go troll somewhere else then.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

robby^5 wrote: »
    I got mine in 2007 and it's had rrod once so I'm planning to upgrade as I'm fairly certain my warranty is up sometime this year. I know that GAME in the UK are doing some decent trade up offers so hopefully the likes of GAME and Gamestop will do the same here.

The deals have already been announced by Game in Ireland:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66445400&postcount=10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Thats Nasty ! just like the old box.It seems that Microsoft didn’t care to much to get rid of this problem which isn’t new, it seems to me it has only gotten worse!
    But in saying that, you dont get to see the disk before it gets scratched in this vid.

Why would you want to move your Xbox anyway?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Why would you want to move your Xbox anyway?

The point is that the xbox 360 is very well known to scratch disks(Even when you Dont move it) , fACT !!
    and by looking at this video,it "Seems" they have not fixed this common issue?.
    Maybe im Wrong but we will have to wait and see?
    I have Both xbox 360 & ps3 Consoles and much prefare the xbox and just hope MS got it right this time around!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

The point is that the xbox 360 is very well known to scratch disks(Even when you Dont move it) , fACT !!

Oh come on. Some models did. I've had mine for 3 years and it hasn't. I know several people who have 360s and they haven't had that problem. But some models did. Fine. It's fixable and it was fixed. Now your problem is with Xboxes that are being moved (a lot) while in use. This is not the same issue and is easily avoidable. Guess how you can avoid it?

Is it really a common issue to tilt your 360 at a 45% angle while it's running.
    There is no scenario where most half intelligent people would do this. FACT.

Oh come on. Some models did. I've had mine for 3 years and it hasn't. I know several people who have 360s and they haven't had that problem. But some models did. Fine. It's fixable and it was fixed. Now your problem is with Xboxes that are being moved (a lot) while in use. This is not the same issue and is easily avoidable.

Is it really a common issue to tilt your 360 at a 45% angle while it's running.
    There is no scenario where most half intelligent people would do this. FACT.

Very through ! Lets hope Microsoft got in right this time round. So when i do buy this slim xbox it wont scrach my disks Even when i don't tilt it

Anyone who does tilt or move their xbox while it's running a disc deserves to have the disc ruined as a form of idiot tax.

Anyone who does tilt or move their xbox while it's running a disc deserves to have the disc ruined as a form of idiot tax.
    100% Agree! No piece of hardware should be moved with a disc spinning inside it, that’s just absurd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

100% Agree! No piece of hardware should be moved with a disc spinning inside it, that’s just absurd.

Not any piece of hardware. Some hardware (like laptops) are designed to be moved while in use. Some hardware like Xboxes are not. It's not really a fine or complicated distinction. The black Xbox in the video even has a sticker on the front saying don't move it while in use (for the terminally brain dead).

Anyway. We all agree not to lift our Xboxes while playing games.
    So that's the end of that.

• Advertisement

Not any piece of hardware. Some hardware (like laptops) are designed to be moved while in use. Some hardware like Xboxes are not. It's not really a fine or complicated distinction. The black Xbox in the video even has a sticker on the front saying don't move it while in use (for the terminally brain dead).

Anyway. We all agree not to lift our Xboxes while playing games.
    So that's the end of that.

That for sure,and it seems that with a 250 gb hard drive, you would never need to play a game on the disc anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Just dont move the freaking thing while its on!! Way too big a deal being made bout this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok , the old xbox 360 :) was famous for scratching discs im sure every one will agree (even with out moving it ). and so far it looks like MS have not improved on this but time will tell..
    why are u having a pop at ms? are u a fanboi? ps3????????? lol

i love the look of the new console cant wait to get mine now :)

why are u having a pop at ms? are u a fanboi? ps3????????? lol

i love the look of the new console cant wait to get mine now :)

LOL Na...... just pointing out an possable flaw in the new box !
    but it was amusing to see peeps getting all defensive and sarcastic.:pac:

LOL Na...... just pointing out an possable flaw in the new box !
    but it was amusing to see peeps getting all defensive and sarcastic.:pac:

Obvious troll is obvious. As a PS3 owner I'd just like to say please don't think all PS3 owners are like that. :P

Can we get the thread back on track so that you know people who have genuine information or questions about the new Xbox can actually have them answered without have to scroll through three pages of crap to find any information. (I am aware that of the irony of that sentence considering almost half the posts are mine)

In summary

The Xbox 360 slim is available from the 16th of July for €250.

It has wireless N and a 250Gb built in.

and...
    rizzla wrote: »
    It's also Kinect ready. Meaning if you plan on buying Kinect aswell as the new console, it's simply plug and play. If you buy Kinect to hook up to a standard Xbox (Elite, Arcade, Pro) the Kinect device will need a seperate power supply.

5 USB ports over the standard 3 although it drops the 2 Memory Units.

Also, it's 17% smaller.

Game are offering trade-in deals

The new Xbox is now up and available for pre-ordering on the GAME website for £199.99 (you can find it here > http://bit.ly/9PFSla)

Or . . .

Trade in your console in store and get it for less!

Here's an example of the kinds of prices you could pay:

Trade-In Console PAY EIRE

XBOX 360 ELITE £99.99 €124.99

XBOX 360 60GB PRO £119.99 €159.99

XBOX 360 20GB PRO £139.99 €189.99

PS3 SLIM 120 GB £24.99 €39.99

PS3 80GB £59.99 €89.99

PS3 40GB £69.99 €99.99

NINTENDO Wii £124.99 €164.99

Rumours that is has a built in DVD-burner are unfounded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

It's also Kinect ready. Meaning if you plan on buying Kinect aswell as the new console, it's simply plug and play. If you buy Kinect to hook up to a standard Xbox (Elite, Arcade, Pro) the Kinect device will need a seperate power supply.

5 USB ports over the standard 3 although it drops the 2 Memory Units.

Also, it's 17% smaller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Just a simple question. I think I am right in thinking that if I want to trade in my 60GB XBOX 360 I will need the box , controller , power brick and cables for it before I can trade it in. I have everything that came with my console but the box and I modified the video lead so I could use HDMI with optical. I dont know where I put the plastic shroud for the VGA lead so I dont think I can trade it in. Am right in thinking that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

That GAME trade in chart seems a little off...

It costs €250 and you pay €190 if you trade in 20gb Pro. The GAME in the ilac centre just the other day had a big trade in poster that quoted trade in prices. The 20gb console would get you €90 store credit. Would they really charge €30 to transfer your data?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

grimm2005 wrote: »
    That GAME trade in chart seems a little off...

It costs €250 and you pay €190 if you trade in 20gb Pro. The GAME in the ilac centre just the other day had a big trade in poster that quoted trade in prices. The 20gb console would get you €90 store credit. Would they really charge €30 to transfer your data?

That would have been before the new xbox was announced, right? The prices of the old models are being dropped €50 euro and some models are being discontinued from now. It would make sense that GAME would reduce what they offer an old model xbox.

mgsrocks wrote: »
    That would have been before the new xbox was announced, right? The prices of the old models are being dropped €50 euro and some models are being discontinued from now. It would make sense that GAME would reduce what they offer an old model xbox.

All models bar the slim are going to be discontinued. Once the current stock runs out it'll just be slims on shelves. If you're buying new that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Right so have gamestop or xtravision have any trade in deals and what about if you have a 120gb hard drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

I asked in gamestop yesterday and they said it was €112 credit for an elite console.

okla wrote: »
    I asked in gamestop yesterday and they said it was €112 credit for an elite console.

Wow I should have phrased that better (I hate when I do that sorry!) I have an Arcade unit with a 120gb hard drive and a white network adapter. Not expecting for anyone to run out and do reserch for me just wondering if anyone is in the same situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

What exactly do you trade in aside from the console and hard drive? Power cable...av cable...controller too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I have the Limited Edition MW2 Super Elite with 250gb HD, wonder how much I could get for that? In a trade in that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

jenno86 wrote: »
    I have the Limited Edition MW2 Super Elite with 250gb HD, wonder how much I could get for that? In a trade in that is.

You should get a decent trade in price particularly as it is 250GB and is only a recent model. Throw in a wireless adapter if you've got one and you should be paying next to nothing I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

think again, i was offered 150 for my limited mw2 super elite in gamestop!! rip off...

i was on to gamestops marketing department on thurs and asked what deals etc were happening i was told dont trade your console now as they will have great offers and deals around launch and learned today from one of the guys instore that trade in values have dropped overnight costing me 50 euro!!!

now i actually love the service gamestop give the guys in naas tallaght and newbridge especially are very good but im disgusted at their marketing department filling me full of it considering game have better trade in prices etc i think i know where ill be taking my business now!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jenno86 wrote: »

if i was you id sell it privately

gamestop is a rip off, im selling mine on adverts atm you should do the same (see sig)

folks is there any news from the journalists who brought home the new xbox about the noise level? MS say its quiet but i wouldn't trust them

Headshot wrote: »
    if i was you id sell it privately

gamestop is a rip off, im selling mine on adverts atm you should do the same (see sig)

folks is there any news from the journalists who brought home the new xbox about the noise level? MS say its quiet but i wouldn't trust them

They didn't get their new Xbox there and then, it's being shipped to them so they probably don't have it yet.

• Advertisement

They didn't get their new Xbox there and then, it's being shipped to them so they probably don't have it yet.

Giantbomb.com New Xbox Unboxing
    Tested.com Quick Look - The New Xbox 360
    So microsoft were telling the truth it seems.

Advertisement