Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New "Slim" Xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

folks how much would i get for a resident evil xbox 360 (private sale)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

xsiborg wrote: »
    i dont have any blu-ray DVDs though, for me personally they're a bit over-rated, i didnt like the interface on the PS3 media center though (honestly it was just a case of being more familiar with the WinVista interface, and now the Win7 interface), and far too pricey just for what i wanted it for.

Yeah I think it's a case of whatever you're used to. I find the Xbox interface slightly more cumbersome than the PS3. I always feel like I'm scrolling through one sub-menu too many with the Xbox. Blu-ray as I said is a big factor and there's a few little things, like the PS3 remote being bluetooth so not having to point the controller at the PS3 is a big plus for me. When yer lying in bed and the PS3 is on the ground, tis a pain in the arse trying to change channels on my Sky box as it is, holding my hand up in the air and angling it down smashing the button hoping it'll work and that's higher placed than either my Xbox or PS3.

So being able to just hit the button on the controller as it's lysing beside me on the bed is great. Can't go wrong with either I think. The Ps3 can handle a couple of different file type that the Xbox can't, but I've never had an issue with playing anything on either my PS3 or Xbox. TV season is quiet at the min, when it's back I generally watch whatever I want to watch on whichever console I happen to be using at the time. So I think based on all those factors, laziness wins every time for me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Headshot wrote: »
    hey headshot i imagine 130 - 140

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Do you not think everyone's jumping the gun a little about the new "slim" overheating?

It hasn't even been officially released yet. Come on, guys... stop buying into this internet mass hysteria.

Chances are with the new modications to the "slim", RRoD will virtually be a thing of the past. It was practically eliminated with the jasper model anyway.

I've suffered eight RRod's from four consoles (one permanently died) since release. So I think if anyone should be concerned, it's me, yet I'm not.

I'll definitely purchase the new "slim" but will wait until Kinect/Natal is bundled with it later this year and will probably save €100 or so.

Wow.

Just wow.

8 RRod's? 8. One 4 separate consoles. And STILL you trust Microsoft to produce a quality product? Ha!

Personally, I think that the introduction of this newer 360 will do little to bolster Microsoft sales given the hysteria already surrounding the reliability of the current 360 (which is proven) and the perceived hysteria about this consoles (whether it be true or not) reliability.

some_dose wrote: »
    Wow.

Just wow.

8 RRod's? 8. One 4 separate consoles. And STILL you trust Microsoft to produce a quality product? Ha!

Personally, I think that the introduction of this newer 360 will do little to bolster Microsoft sales given the hysteria already surrounding the reliability of the current 360 (which is proven) and the perceived hysteria about this consoles (whether it be true or not) reliability.
    do you think the newer 360s were not reliable? i have never had a 360 die on me in 4 years!

although i have had 2 brod once with 60gb original ps3 and one with an 80gb!

all consoles do have a failure rate just unfortunate that launch 360s were so unreliable, although remember ms were the first of the current gen and problems happened!

and was talking to a guy i know well that works for game company reviewing consoles and games and he says nothing absolutely no reports from ms re that video so its bs!!!

remember a tv could cause those lines doesnt necessarily mean the 360 was to blame!

anyways back on topic please???????????????

so the slim i think is a massive step forward for ms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Wow.

Just wow.

The amount of RRoD's that the Xbox suffered from is indeed a shockingly high figure but it does say something about how good a console it is that customers are prepared to put up with that hassle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

At a guess I would say maybe £100-150. The new Xbox's are gonna go for about €250ish and the stores will be trying to get rid of the old elite and arcade models as welll to make room for new stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Wow.

Just wow.

It hasn't bothered me. What concerns me is how products perform when in operation, how long it takes to get repaired when it does break and what that will cost me.

I never spent a penny on repairs, all consoles were returned repaired within a couple of weeks and the only one that died was my very first console that was bought on release day and was over the three year warranty when it RRoD'd earlier this year. It had wracked up some serious hours gaming use over the years, as well as being almost permanently on as a media extender in my sitting room. Surprised it didn't blow up :D

I work with machinery and electronics on a daily basis. I understand that everything breaks or malfunctions eventually. That's just the nature of how things are these days. Long gone are the days over machinery and equipment being over-manufactured and built to last, especially electronics!

If you don't like it, then don't buy a gaming console (any brand of console because they all have their faults, yeah, even the PS3).

In my opinion, if you like online gaming, xbox live "currently" provides a much better experience than PSN or Wii. Who knows what the future brings but right now, MS is where I'm putting my gaming money and this new "slim" model and kinect should appease my gadget cravings for a little while :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

How much would I get for my Dark Night XBOX? :p

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2008/06/28/the-dark-knight-xbox-360/

lol, couldn't sell it! Wouldnt be able to! I would like a slim 360 though as i'm fearful of RROD on the dark night! ... The current XBOX is too noisy though if I use at as a DVD player too so there are reasons to get the slim!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone know if theres any way of checking what sort of xbox you have? I think I have an xbox pro. What were the options available back around when Bioshock 1 was released because thats when I bought it.

The Arcade was the one without the hard drive wasnt it? The next was the pro?

Im considering trading it in and upgrading to the new slim mainly for the reduced noise!

Whens it out btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Theres three Xbox 360's. The Arcade came with no Hard Drive and is white , The Pro had a Hard Drive and is white and the Elite is tyhe Black one with 120GB Hard Drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone know if theres any way of checking what sort of xbox you have? I think I have an xbox pro. What were the options available back around when Bioshock 1 was released because thats when I bought it.

The Arcade was the one without the hard drive wasnt it? The next was the pro?

Im considering trading it in and upgrading to the new slim mainly for the reduced noise!

Whens it out btw?

I think there was 2 kind of Xbox Pros, the first would have been a 20GB without the hdmi and I think they new Pro was a 60GB with a hdmi port.

The slim is out on the 16th of July.

Thanks lads. Mines the 20gb pro so.

Wonder what sort of trade in deals the shops will have. Is there anyway to transfer over the contents of your hard drive to the new one?

Thanks lads. Mines the 20gb pro so.

Wonder what sort of trade in deals the shops will have. Is there anyway to transfer over the contents of your hard drive to the new one?

I think in most places they will transfer your account over for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Any chance of the new console being bundled with Crackdown 2 for 250 lids i wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Heard HMV are doing it for €225, anyone know what price they have it for when a 20GB model is traded in for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

not the worst of prices the elite is being advertised for 250 or something on xbox.ie

i got a rrod on a 4 year old voided warranty elite... might just get the new one to replace it, it only red ringed 2 months ago, and ive been away for 5 of those weeks, havnt even turned it on since... but good timing for the new one to be released for me anyways

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Heard HMV are doing it for €225, anyone know what price they have it for when a 20GB model is traded in for it?

I don't think HMV take consoles, you would have to trade it in another shop for cash and I doubt you would get much cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Gamestop will give it to you for €149.99 if you trade in a Wii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Any chance of the new console being bundled with Crackdown 2 for 250 lids i wonder?

I'd say the chances are pretty... slim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I don't think HMV take consoles, you would have to trade it in another shop for cash and I doubt you would get much cash.

I saw 2nd hand consoles for sale in HMV Dundrum the other day so it looks like they are taking trade ins these days.

Saw the price for the new xbox. €224.99. *puts hand up* One please!!:D

ok payed the full amount off a console today prebooked!!

250 lids it cost me so is it true its being sold for 225 or is that just rumour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

HMV Dundrum have pre order signs in the games section. €224.99. I was up there on Wednesday.

If HMV are selling pre-owned 360s can anyone tell me how much credit they give for a 360 elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

im playing alan wake at the moment and the foooking noise is something else.

does anyone know if gamestop will transfer over your profile and saves if you up grade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

The deal HMV have for the new 360 is €224 for the console.

Trade in a 120gb elite and get the new one for €101.

(Why €101? odd number.)

Not a bad deal.

Does anyone know if the shops will transfer over your hard drive contents for you? The noise in my old xbox is very loud.

I had a look at my hard drive and it said 13.9gb max size but it must be the 20gb one right?

Are shops counting the xbox + 20gb hard drive in the trade in value? Also can you trade in your old controller and get a new one with the slim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Does anyone know if the shops will transfer over your hard drive contents for you? The noise in my old xbox is very loud. I know Gamespot will do this, not sure about other shops.

I had a look at my hard drive and it said 13.9gb max size but it must be the 20gb one right? if you have used 6.1gb of the total size. Yeah its 20 gb.

Are shops counting the xbox + 20gb hard drive in the trade in value? Also can you trade in your old controller and get a new one with the slim? Most of the time this is the case. Depends on the ongoing deal.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Does anyone know if the shops will transfer over your hard drive contents for you? The noise in my old xbox is very loud.

I had a look at my hard drive and it said 13.9gb max size but it must be the 20gb one right?

Are shops counting the xbox + 20gb hard drive in the trade in value? Also can you trade in your old controller and get a new one with the slim?

you don't get the full 20gb of space, i always thought it was abit stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheHouse

Batesy wrote: »
    HMV Dundrum have pre order signs in the games section. €224.99. I was up there on Wednesday.

On those signs it says that the €224.99 price is what they expect the selling price to be at launch, but that this isn't confirmed and could change before the launch. Interestingly, I saw the same sign in HMV on Grafton St on Wednesday, but the next day it had been taken down. I wouldn't be certain that the price will be €224.99 at launch. On the other hand, Amazon UK have knocked the price down to £189.99, which is about €230, so we might see it on sale over here for a similar price.

Advertisement