Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New "Slim" Xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

with the xbox slim does a free trial of xbox live come with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Headshot wrote: »
    with the xbox slim does a free trial of xbox live come with it?

When you make an xbox live account for the 1st time, you get a month free.

creggy wrote: »
    When you make an xbox live account for the 1st time, you get a month free.

ah dammit thats a shame,love to get a free trial without going into a contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Headshot wrote: »
    ah dammit thats a shame,love to get a free trial without going into a contract

There's no contract. Create a new Tag, Xbox will upgrade the silver tag to gold for 1 month free. No credit card details or accepting of any contract.

rizzla wrote: »
    There's no contract. Create a new Tag, Xbox will upgrade the silver tag to gold for 1 month free. No credit card details or accepting of any contract.

nice one thanks alot rizzla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mailrewop wrote: »
    you don't get the full 20gb of space, i always thought it was abit stupid.

It's the same for any HDD manufacturers. Computer memory is counted in 1024-byte chunks, you also loose space to formatting, i have a 320GB external HDD that only has 298GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

Sent mine back to Frankfurt after it got red ringed... Do you think they might send back a slim xbox to replace it??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Sent mine back to Frankfurt after it got red ringed... Do you think they might send back a slim xbox to replace it??? :D
    no chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Varik wrote: »
    It's the same for any HDD manufacturers. Computer memory is counted in 1024-byte chunks, you also loose space to formatting, i have a 320GB external HDD that only has 298GB.

i know, i was just pointing it out to someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Ha ha ha are you for real. Sometimes they dont even give you your own console back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

ShaunC wrote: »
    Ha ha ha are you for real. Sometimes they dont even give you your own console back :D

Was joking of course... What you mean they don't give it back? If it's still under warranty they'd surely replace it...

I might trade in my Elite for the new model, the main reasons would be, the shiny new box, built in wi-fi, quieter cooler, my Xbox is getting on in years (2yrs thats 64 human yrs) , piss off ps3 fanboys, I prefer to trade in to a shop to selling privately(Shop has to give warranty to purchaser) Im a new toy junkie, cant wait to try out kenitic, oh and the shiny new box :D

As soon as anyone gets Game, Xtravision, Gamestop, and any other factual trade in values please post them here,
    Who else takes trade ins (and will transfer save data)

Was joking of course... What you mean they don't give it back? If it's still under warranty they'd surely replace it...

you will get one back but it might have belonged to a spanish sailor or a french footballer before it got the illness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

is any of the game stops doing transfers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I wasn't going to but I have a couple of things to trade in so the cost to upgrade will be zero so I may as well! Built in wifi would be handy, but mainly, a new warranty!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmacma

ShaunC wrote: »
    As soon as anyone gets Game, Xtravision, Gamestop, and any other factual trade in values please post them here,
    Who else takes trade ins (and will transfer save data)

My xbox is RROD so can't trade it in but will be trading in some of the pieces.. These are the prices gamestop are giving right now:

Hard Drive (20gb) - €24
    Wireless Dongle (White one) - €18
    Wirelss Controller - €12
    Wired Headset - €7

Also:
    Cd's - €1
    Dvd's - €0.8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

bmacma wrote: »
    My xbox is RROD so can't trade it in but will be trading in some of the pieces.. These are the prices gamestop are giving right now:

Hard Drive (20gb) - €24
    Wireless Dongle (White one) - €18
    Wirelss Controller - €12
    Wired Headset - €7

Also:
    Cd's - €1
    Dvd's - €0.8

I was told by Gamestop Stephens Green...

20 Gb Premium Xbox 360 - €55
    Wireless Controller - €6-7

They said they'd add 25% on if I ordered the new Xbox. Where did you get your prices??

GAME told me I'd have €70 + €8 per controller, that's slightly better but still not near what you quoted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Jev/N wrote: »

They said they'd add 25% on if I ordered the new Xbox. Where did you get your prices??

GAME told me I'd have €70 + €8 per controller, that's slightly better but still not near what you quoted?

I am trading in my elite and getting it half price.. Could I keep my controller and pay the extra 8euro? This is in GAME btw..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

gamestop wouldn't take my 20gb machine when i tried to trade it in almost a year ago coz it's a pre hdmi model :(

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmacma

Got my figures from Gamestop parkway shopping centre, limerick. the controller had gone up in the past few days he said but might go down again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

my elite xbox red ringed a while ago but lately it isnt red rigning, but freezes sometimes when games are trying to load, wonder if i could chance trading it in, but id feel kinda bad and thats not very nice...

none the less i could trade in the HDD and wifi adapter since they'd be useless with the new machine

so the wireless adapter is €18 and what does a 120HDD get ya!? or can you even trade it in... id have to transfer data first, i used about 70GB of memory on the hdd =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

My xbox is a pre hdmi, I hope theyl take it.

When trading in consoles they have a price for everything? So just say 70 for the console, 20 for the hard drive etc etc.

I take it with the new xbox theres already a controller and a headset inside? As it would make sense then to trade in my old xbox controller and headset.

-=al=- wrote: »
    my elite xbox red ringed a while ago but lately it isnt red rigning, but freezes sometimes when games are trying to load, wonder if i could chance trading it in, but id feel kinda bad and thats not very nice...

dont feel too bad, they screw us with trade in values and any console they sell has to have a warranty

How much for the new Wireless dongle, the black one with the two antennae?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

-=al=- wrote: »

none the less i could trade in the HDD and wifi adapter since they'd be useless with the new machine

so the wireless adapter is €18 and what does a 120HDD get ya!? or can you even trade it in... id have to transfer data first, i used about 70GB of memory on the hdd =/

If you are trading it in they will probably make you sign the receipt and if anything goes wrong they could probably trace it back to you.

"It wasn't like that when I traded it in."

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

does the xbox have to be in great condition? I spilled candlewax on mine ages ago, and got most of it off but there's a (good) few flakes iwasn't able toget offand didn't want to try too hard for fear of scratching the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

chrislad wrote: »
    "It wasn't like that when I traded it in."

:)

It was the buttefly i tell ya, the butterfly!

i might try n get the old one fixed it would be handy to have in another room in the house, is rather presumptuous saying that but it would be cool and save me moving the new one around

What do they actually do with the old consoles anyways when they trade in... i got a pre owned tomb raider disc ages ago that didnt work just traded it back in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I am trading in my elite and getting it half price.. Could I keep my controller and pay the extra 8euro? This is in GAME btw..

To be a "console", it has to have one controller with it. After that, you could trade in the rest separately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

To be a "console", it has to have one controller with it. After that, you could trade in the rest separately

Damn ahh it will have to do wont bother with another controller then.. Rang up about bundles, they said there would be some but wont be available till launch.. Anyone any ideas on which bundles would be available?

Advertisement