Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New "Slim" Xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

So anyone trading in a Pro console with 120GB HDD with gamestop?

Are xtravision doing deals? Wondering where the cheapest place to get this is. Is there a need to prebook yeah?

edit: just rang gamestop.

They will only take my xbox as an arcade trade in because i don't have the 20GB hdd that came with it, because I bought a new 120GB one instead. So €48 for the console, €24 for the HDD separately.

Price of the slim is €249.99.. will look elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Have over a year left on my warranty, don't think I'll be putting myself too much out of pocket for this upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone here have a pre HDMI 20gb xbox?? Thats what I have and I want to upgrade to the slim.

Could anyone near a gamestop,hmv etc ask what sort of price theyre giving for them? Would be much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

For anyone wondering about transferring the content on their current hard drive to the new one there is a very simple process now which means the only things you actually need to transfer are game saves. All gamertags, DLC, updates and Arcade games can be transferred digitally and re-downloaded. The game saves can then be transferred using a USB flash drive.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/default.htm

If you have less than 16GB of content on your hard drive all of it can be transferred by using a 16GB flash drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4J3bmAmOPc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone here have a pre HDMI 20gb xbox?? Thats what I have and I want to upgrade to the slim.

Could anyone near a gamestop,hmv etc ask what sort of price theyre giving for them? Would be much appreciated :)

Why can't you?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

dazftw wrote: »
    Why can't you?

Because im an hour away from any of those shops. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Because im an hour away from any of those shops. :cool:

Let me guess.. You don't have a phone either :p

Last time I was in gamestop a guy was trading in an xbox(not sure which model) with 2 controllers and some games.

He was getting 90 cash or 110 credit.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Had a look at it today in GameStop. It's very nice looking. Nice and compact with a lovely black finish. Roll on Friday. GameStop have a dead for 250 for the console, Alan Wake, Pure and Lego Batman. You can get FIFA 11 for 25 also but the game isn't out until October.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmacma

chrislad wrote: »
    Had a look at it today in GameStop. It's very nice looking. Nice and compact with a lovely black finish. Roll on Friday. GameStop have a dead for 250 for the console, Alan Wake, Pure and Lego Batman. You can get FIFA 11 for 25 also but the game isn't out until October.

250? I thought the console was going to be 250 alone without any games etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

bmacma wrote: »

Console is €225 AFAIK?

• Advertisement

bmacma wrote: »

Def the bundle I said as it was on display. 260 with any game and there was a 280 bundle with Halo ODST, Forza 3, Lego Batman, Pure, FIFA 09 and maybe one other.

Prebooked mine in xtravision there tonight.. Gonna sell my 360 privately to make a few more bob instead of trading it in for a paltry €48.

So it's the 16th then? Do I need to hang on to my original console til I have the new one to transfer all my bits over, or can I copy stuff onto a 16GB USB drive now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Well GAME are full of it, €90 seems to have been all myth! €75 for console, €28 for wireless adapter, €13 for controller and a few quid for charge kit...altogether it's still about €130 off so happy days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

niallon wrote: »
    Well GAME are full of it, €90 seems to have been all myth! €75 for console, €28 for wireless adapter, €13 for controller and a few quid for charge kit...altogether it's still about €130 off so happy days though.

75 for which type? 20gb or 60?

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    75 for which type? 20gb or 60?

Sorry meant to say, 60GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

225 is a special offer in places like HMV and probably won't stay at that price for very long.

250 is game/gamestop price. And gamestop are doing a deal with games for 269. You can have Red Dead Redemption or Crackdown 2, or you can go with an older bundle which includes Forza 3, Halo ODST, Lego and some Fifa games plus an extra controller. This was as of late last week. There may be other bundles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cuclean

I had booked my slim in Game and I was told in the shop by the manager that it would be 150 Euro for the trade for a 20gb console and that on the day they would be doing data transfers as a one off. When I rang up yesterday to confirm whether there was still a midnight launch I was told that that was the price for the 120gb, that it would cost me 190 Euro for the 20gb trade up (possibly they misheard me)They also told me that they weren't doing the data transfer on the day. :mad:

Does anyone know if you can get your deposit back?

Ring them and ask?

funkyflea wrote: »
    Ring them and ask?

Oh, don't worry I wasn't being lazy. I was only looking into it just now and registering here, I'm not able to contact them. I'll try them tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The impression I get from retailers is that no one has a fecking clue about what is going on to be honest.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The impression I get from retailers is that no one has a fecking clue about what is going on to be honest.

It's a bit farcical to not have concrete details on the launch of a product that people are shelling out so much money for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It's a strange situation though. There seems to be an epic amount of people looking to trade up to the new xbox. I'd say the retailers are now worried of having a warehouse bulging with old 360's that nobody wants!!

If it was a straight sale there would be no hassle.

Interesting, a colleague of mine rang gamestop today who said they are giving two free games, lego batman and alan wake with the console for €249

Xtravision don't even know when they're getting it in, or how much for, nevermind deals. :(

Just off the phone to Game and Gamestop in galway.

Gamestop are offering €55 for a 20gb console including the controller and headset. Theyre selling the new slim for 250 with 3 games. But he said I dont have a chance of getting it Friday as theyre sold out.

Game are offering 60 for the console including the controller and about 6 euro for the headset. Theyre selling the slim for 250 with no games. And he said its very unlikely hel have any friday as theyre sold out. By the way he asked was my console pre HDMI which it is.

So that leaves HMV,Smyths and Xtravision for trade ins.....

Anyone else get so many "were sold out" replies?

EDIT: HMV galway are offering 58 for the 20gb xbox and the slim is costing 225. They said they should have plenty in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

old xbox red ringed, no chance of trading it in :(

don't mind waiting a week or so for stocks to get a more normal level and maybe more bundles offered...

when is kinnect released? like november???? definitly going to be a nice deal with that... but don't think ill wait till then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

According to HMV Grafton, the Arcades are going for around €50-55 so he said the Premium would be nearer to €70

Just off the phone to Game and Gamestop in galway.

Gamestop are offering €55 for a 20gb console including the controller and headset. Theyre selling the new slim for 250 with 3 games. But he said I dont have a chance of getting it Friday as theyre sold out.

Game are offering 60 for the console including the controller and about 6 euro for the headset. Theyre selling the slim for 250 with no games. And he said its very unlikely hel have any friday as theyre sold out. By the way he asked was my console pre HDMI which it is.

So that leaves HMV,Smyths and Xtravision for trade ins.....

Anyone else get so many "were sold out" replies?

EDIT: HMV galway are offering 58 for the 20gb xbox and the slim is costing 225. They said they should have plenty in stock.

Smyths don't do trade ins. GAME in Liffey Valley told me they don't take headsets for hygeine reasons...really hate franchises not having universal rulings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Just ordered a Slim off of Amazon, should be here on Monday or Tuesday :D

My 360 RROD'd today, so no better time to buy the Slim eh?

funkyflea wrote: »
    Interesting, a colleague of mine rang gamestop today who said they are giving two free games, lego batman and alan wake with the console for €249

Xtravision don't even know when they're getting it in, or how much for, nevermind deals. :(

Which I said in the post right before you on the previous page! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Walmart in the states will be doing slim bundles with Kinect for 199 dollars. How much is Paddy being screwed for? Oh thats right. Everything they can get out of us.

Advertisement