Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New "Slim" Xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Walmart in the states will be doing slim bundles with Kinect for 199 dollars. How much is Paddy being screwed for? Oh thats right. Everything they can get out of us.

so ridiculous!

when is kinnect being released here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Walmart in the states will be doing slim bundles with Kinect for 199 dollars. How much is Paddy being screwed for? Oh thats right. Everything they can get out of us.

Where did you hear that? The RRP in the States for the slim is $299, were getting it for €250 or €225 in some retailers. Hardly being screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

that's not the offer. the offer is The Xbox Kinect, A $30 Walmart.com eGift Card, A choice of one Kinect launch title -- Kinect Sports, Kinect Dance Central, Kinect Joy Ride or Kinectimals (Note: this is not a complete list).

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1105776p1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Whoops lads, sorry. My bad. The joys of sleeping about 55 hours in the last month. Oh the joys of surgery recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

think ill wait till september cos if theres any faults they will be in the first one plus its my bday then :P
    whats the difference with the new one and the old one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

4davis7 wrote: »
    think ill wait till september cos if theres any faults they will be in the first one plus its my bday then :P
    whats the difference with the new one and the old one

May want to wait longer than ttwo months after the release date if that's your thinkin then! :D

Whats the difference with them though??? all i cant make out is new look plus bigger hard drive and you can have that kinect thing

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭god_dos

I've pre-ordered mine, cos I just like the idea of a new one. Selling my Arcade with 20GB drive privately and will move the Elite to where the Arcade was. There seems to be a slight difference in loading speed according to this vid:

reckon there will be a price drop to 199eu for christmas?

Whats the difference with them though??? all i cant make out is new look plus bigger hard drive and you can have that kinect thing

Larger HD, fan noise all but eliminated apparently, can power Kinect ass opposed to using an adaptor with it on the old models...did I mention it's sleek and sexy? I'm only really looking to upgrade because I resisted upgrading my 60GB Pro to an Elite when I really wanted the HD and feel dead chuffed that I had the patience to wait until this model came along...and cause GAME are still offering far more than I thought they would.

And did I mention it's sleek and sexy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Built in WiFi too.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmacma

niallon wrote: »
    I resisted upgrading my 60GB Pro to an Elite when I really wanted the HD

Stupid question here but, what do people use the extra space for on the HD? Up to now I only had the 20gb and didn't fill it. Only when I installed games to it to make it a bit quieter?

What else could I be using the HD for, storing movies/music??

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭god_dos

-=al=- wrote: »
    reckon there will be a price drop to 199eu for christmas?

Probably not, but might have good offers for Kinect Bundles.

Do you reckon its worth buying the new xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Do you reckon its worth buying the new xbox

How long is a piece of string?

It all depends on what you think mate. Ask your self these questions? Do you have one already? Are you going to trade it? Do you want or need the extra HDD space, built in wifi, quieter machine? Is it worth the outlay?

god_dos wrote: »
    Probably not, but might have good offers for Kinect Bundles.

yeah thats prob what will happen, similar price but with nicer bundles, i dont mind waiting a few weeks to get it or see what games it gets put with

also im only really upgrading cause my xbox red ringed recently, would probably wait till christmas if my xbox worked!

can you use the same games on the new one as the normal xbox 360

Ah yeah its 100% backward compatable... unlike an earlier similar device that was released by sorny :rolleyes:

as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i think it's just a new version of the console, not an entirely new console. if it was, there'd be a lot more hype to it

whiteman19 wrote: »
    i think it's just a new version of the console, not an entirely new console. if it was, there'd be a lot more hype to it

so its just like an upgrade from the elite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

yeah, i think so. sure it's not being given a new name like the xbox 720 and it looks like the older ones albeit smaller. it's still the Xbox 360, just an upgraded version with more features
    sure have a read of this
    http://reviews.cnet.com/consoles/xbox-360-slim-black/4505-10109_7-34118625.html#reviewPage1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Does anyone know what actually comes with the new Xbox slim, i.e. will it have a headset and ethernet cable? Was going to trade in my Elite at HMV, was afraid to ask if they wanted them as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

It'll come with a wireless controller and a headset. If I'm remembering correctly, I got an ethernet cable with my Premium 20GB.

Can't wait to pick this up. Pre-ordered with Gamestop in the Blanch Centre.

JoePie wrote: »
    It'll come with a wireless controller and a headset. If I'm remembering correctly, I got an ethernet cable with my Premium 20GB.

Can't wait to pick this up. Pre-ordered with Gamestop in the Blanch Centre.

According to the lads in GAME today also the controllers come with play & charge included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Will they expect the Ethernet cable back in the trade in?

joe123 wrote: »
    Will they expect the Ethernet cable back in the trade in?

When I asked in HMV Cruises Street about trading in they said that all of the cables, packaging etc needs to be with the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

Lads, any latest on pricing from thevarious high street vendors...?

Some peoplel are saying HMV offering best deal at 224.99Euro ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well my old 360 finally gave up the ghost last night after three years of service. The warning signs were there but when you're confronting by those three red lights, it's never easy. Still it's good timing. Is there much demand expected for the new console? Reckon it'll be tough to pick up with a pre-order?

225 in HMV. 250 in both Game and Gamestop.
    Gamestop William Street just said that all pre orders have been filled so there will be none available on the day over the counter. Don't know about availability elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

I have mine on pre-order at HMV in Crescent SC.....will I be happy man... me thinks so no more ethernet cables to my wireless route..... I was too cheap to go but an adapter which I shouldn't have if MS had put one in there in the first place...Grrrrrr!

Advertisement