Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista 5 - How to shorten/silence the hi-pitched note when setting alarm at night.

• 16-06-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I wonder could anyone help me please. I have a Scopetronic Vista 5 alarm fitted - approx 18 years ago. We have only started setting it when going to bed recently. To allow for kids going to loo during the night etc, we use the Inhibit Zone option. When we set it, this Hi-pitched note continues for a further 35-40 seconds. It's been a hastle from Day 1. Because it could wake the kids, we never used to set it at night... but with a number of recent local break-ins, I want to ensure it is functioning every night.

Is there any way to reduce the duration of the note or ideally to be able to Silently activate the alarm without this nuisance of a note?

I have no idea what function it serves???

Thanking you in advance.

C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

try
    night time
    0#5 full set no buzzer(may not allow you to move around house)
    0#7 part guard no buzzer(may inhibit movement detectors ,depending on your alarm set up)

to turn alarm off in morning use your alarm code

• Registered Users Posts: 41 fcukhu

Well, what do you know, it works a treat!

I did as you said, it inhibited the PIR in the hall (as I want), then activated the alarmwhen I opened a door...Oh Joy Of Joys!!!

Shame I didn't know this years ago, luckily we didn't need it, but we do now.

Many,many thanks meercat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

no probs fcukhu
    glad i could help ,thanks

Advertisement