Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my unique dodginess..........

• 16-06-2010 9:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

this is for lc students to tell there worst F-up in the lc..........or there funny habbits..........or anything related to the lc that comes under the heading of extreme dodginess.............

mine are

when i had to break the tip off my tip ex pen from the 2 euro shop and got tip ex all over the questions of my maths paper one questions..{spent ages waitin for it to dry and scratchin it off.....................also when im stressed durin a test i tend to cross my legs.....every 10 seconds and tend to shatter non shatter rulers...........so i look like the incredible hulk dyin for a pee.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Well during my Junior Cert Geography exam, I had many things on the table - calculator, bottle of water, answer book, map, aerial photograph and question paper, and of course my very-hard steel ruler. I somehow swiped my elbow over the desk, knocking the steel ruler onto the floor, followed closely by my calculator. This created an extremely loud noise, cue about 100 people stopping writing to look at what happened. Everybody was staring at me, and when I went to pick up my ruler off the ground, I couldn't get my short fingernails under it to pry it up (like when you drop a playing card!) so I had to slide my answer book under it and pick it up.

That was embarrassing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Had to go to to the toilet during Irish Paper 2 the other day, i'm in the furthest row from the door. Tried to wind my way through the desks but everyone had their chair pulled back so far there wasn't an inch between the desks. Walked up and down the row twice before giving up and squeezing my way behind the invigilator who stayed stubbornly in his seat... Had quite an audience by the time I reached the door!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

Well during my Junior Cert Geography exam, I had many things on the table - calculator, bottle of water, answer book, map, aerial photograph and question paper, and of course my very-hard steel ruler. I somehow swiped my elbow over the desk, knocking the steel ruler onto the floor, followed closely by my calculator. This created an extremely loud noise, cue about 100 people stopping writing to look at what happened. Everybody was staring at me, and when I went to pick up my ruler off the ground, I couldn't get my short fingernails under it to pry it up (like when you drop a playing card!) so I had to slide my answer book under it and pick it up.

That was embarrassing :o

well this is the lc section but due to your fabulous use of imagry and great simile about playing cards ill allow that............lol.........cant stop using that damn poetic structurisation since enlish......

Had to go to to the toilet during Irish Paper 2 the other day, i'm in the furthest row from the door. Tried to wind my way through the desks but everyone had their chair pulled back so far there wasn't an inch between the desks. Walked up and down the row twice befor giving up and squeezing my way behind the invigilator who stayed stubbornly in his seat... Had quite an ausience by the time I reached the door!

lol.........happend to me a few times...squirted somone with there water once when they wouldnt let me through........lucky the examiner was examining his custard cream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

put my hand up to scratch my head really fast once and my pen went flying backwards about 5 seats. still not sure how

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

denballs wrote: »
    well this is the lc section but due to your fabulous use of imagry and great simile about playing cards ill allow that............lol.........cant stop using that damn poetic structurisation since enlish......

Do you think you did well in Enlish? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

The last day going into Irish paper 1 my stomach decided to make the most huge grumble/noise ever! Everyone, and I mean everyone looked around. Then for the next half a hour it continued to make noise every now and again.....

luckily i'm not one to be really badly embarrassed, but it was still pretty cringeworthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

ceol18 wrote: »
    put my hand up to scratch my head really fast once and my pen went flying backwards about 5 seats. still not sure how

Happened to me a few times too:o Did it once in primary school....i'll always remember....accidentally flicked a pen, flew across the room and hit the teacher in the face....needless to say she flipped a lid...got away with it tho:D

Its something to do with not holding the pen tight enough me thinks....

not really a fúck up....or a habit....

...but our exam centres are in classrooms (Euro Language College have taken the exam halls this year) and im right beside the window in the back corner. Room is pretty stuffy these days so the windows are all open....anyway the breeze keeps getting in behind the curtain and it sortof balloons out over my desk....completely covering the desk and me....really annoying so I arrived in the last day with a pair of cable ties

....got some funny looks off the others while i was standing on my chair ziptie-ing the curtain:P

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

I sneeze. REALLY LOUD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

orlabobs wrote: »
    The last day going into Irish paper 1 my stomach decided to make the most huge grumble/noise ever! Everyone, and I mean everyone looked around. Then for the next half a hour it continued to make noise every now and again.....

luckily i'm not one to be really badly embarrassed, but it was still pretty cringeworthy!

Im the same!!! In irish 2 I was there with like a half hour to go and the hall was pretty empty as all the pass lads had left. It was unreal loud and then like everyone turned around and started laughing!!.. luckily though the examiner was grand and gave me some biscuits!!

oh yeah there ws a guy in my centre who fell asleep on monday...

...halfway through his foundation maths paper he jus let out a big nonsensical noise at the top of his voice...whole place burst out laughin...he didn wake up for another 20 mins:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

orlabobs wrote: »

I do that as well. No idea why. Really fúcks up your concentration too.

oh yeah there ws a guy in my centre who fell asleep on monday...

...halfway through his foundation maths paper he jus let out a big nonsensical noise at the top of his voice...whole place burst out laughin...he didn wake up for another 20 mins:pac:

hahahahahaha!!

I do that as well. No idea why. Really fúcks up your concentration too.

ya you're trying to quiten your stomach and hoping it won't happen again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

This was so embarrassing...

Had a panic attack during one of my exams because I thought I knew nothing (in an exam I was counting on doing extremely well in), started crying too (but I wasn't upset or sobbing or anything, kinda like what onions irritate your eyes) and everyone kept looking at me, wasted like 15 minutes in the bathroom then trying to calm down! :(

LadyGaga! wrote: »
    This was so embarrassing...

Had a panic attack during one of my exams because I thought I knew nothing (in an exam I was counting on doing extremely well in), started crying too (but I wasn't upset or sobbing or anything, kinda like what onions irritate your eyes) and everyone kept looking at me, wasted like 15 minutes in the bathroom then trying to calm down! :(

...que a fake prescription to excuse the big feckoff spliff your smokin down the back of the exam hall:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kfpt

first exam ..english paper 1..the examiner handed out the answer booklet and then gave out the paper

me being a smart guy decided to peel the sticky thing of the answer book and then accidently stuck the paper to it ..couldnt get it off and tore the whole ****n thing

got a new one and then did the same thing at the end handing it up ..but only got the corner thank god!..could've been a disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

In french today and this guy was sitting behind me. He is usually the awkward/quiet type so he's usually very nervous and shy.

So everyone is writing away when all of a sudden you hear a voice from a phone saying "Hello? Hello? Shane? Will I call you back later?" It was obviously his mam, everyone in the room heard it and turned around,while he was rumaging in his pocket to try and turn his phone off his face was bright red..even the examiner smiled :pac:

And when I was doing maths my stomach let out this huge rumble which the whole room heard! I wasn't the only one though, plenty of other people were rumbling..even the examiner which was quite funnny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

For my art exam last year, I chose to draw a still life. Material wise, I decided on using a mix of water colours, and pastels. It was going fairly well, until I had to reach for the white paint. Now at the start of the exam, I used a palette which belonged to the school and threw a lot of paint like, everywhere on it. I also used one or two school paints, one being white... or so I thought. Turns out that the 'white paint' I started using was PVA glue! I got quite a shock when I attempted to use pastels on it like half an hour later. And it just wouldn't dry! Bloody disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Fell off my chair... :o

....as ya do.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Did that too :(

Also spilled water, washing my hands, on my khaki shorts when I went for a toilet break :o:o Looked like I pissed my self haha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Reckle

stomach rumbles haha are always the worst :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

During my junior cert I was on flu medication. There was a different pill for different times of the day, and a sleeping pill for night time.

My Geography exam rolls around, and it's time to take a tablet. I was pretty loopy at the time, so genius here manages to take the sleeping pill by accident.

... I did not do well.

phasers wrote: »
    During my junior cert I was on flu medication. There was a different pill for different times of the day, and a sleeping pill for night time.

My Geography exam rolls around, and it's time to take a tablet. I was pretty loopy at the time, so genius here manages to take the sleeping pill by accident.

... I did not do well.

Did ya not see it happening? the definitely take and under no circumstances take pills left beside eachother....
    Dougal in the cockpit....whatever ya do just dont push that big red button:D

stomach rumbles=stomach needs liquid..........your all sweatin cause of stress and sun.......drink 7-up or pepsi..........the gas,ll make you burp a bit but will stop the growles..........you guys need to buck up on chemistry/biology:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

I can't usually eat a lot before exams with the nerves but when I settle in I'm starving. Cue my stomach roaring all over the exam hall.
    So my habit is shuffling my papers, scooting my chair and punching my clearing my throat to hide it.
    Awful. I've learned to shove a sandwhich down my throat before-hand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

yeah my stomach always rumbles and today someone finished their French before the half hour and started to role a joint.... the examiner just looked, laughed and shook her head lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I can't usually eat a lot before exams with the nerves but when I settle in I'm starving. Cue my stomach roaring all over the exam hall.
    So my habit is shuffling my papers, scooting my chair and punching my clearing my throat to hide it.
    Awful. I've learned to shove a sandwhich down my throat before-hand though.
    Same, but I find the good old-fashioned REALLY LOUD COUGH does it. Or my maths set pencil case...give it a clatter and ya get away with it.

Advertisement