Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my unique dodginess..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

In Irish paper 2 and suddenly got really thirsty - I grabbed my drink, onewitha pull open cap, pulled it openeith my teeth and took a huge gulp, only to have some if it slide down my throat and forces me to swallow that tiny bit, needed to cough with a mouthful of water and just tried to swallow the rest of it- some of it came out of my nose!!!! I was so embarrassed, looked around, and not a single person had noticed! I got lucky :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

English paper 1, half of our half is facing one way, and the other is facing the other way.

I sit at the back of one end, so in the middle of the room.

I leaned back to stretch, had my arms out and tried to move forward but couldn't. The guy behind me had stretched too, and we linked arms and ended up stuck for a second :o

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

English paper 1, half of our half is facing one way, and the other is facing the other way.

I sit at the back of one end, so in the middle of the room.

I leaned back to stretch, had my arms out and tried to move forward but couldn't. The guy behind me had stretched too, and we linked arms and ended up stuck for a second :o

hehe, cue awkward moment as ye both untangle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Paddi Jones

Fell asleep in french aural (I'm doing OL) head slipped outta my hands whacked my face off the desk (really painful, PAINFUL) got a nose bleed, and everyone laughed while I was just tearing up, makes for a great story though. Really awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,797 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fell asleep in french oral (I'm doing OL) head slipped outta my hands whacked my face off the desk (really painful, PAINFUL) got a nose bleed, and everyone laughed while I was just tearing up, makes for a great story though. Really awkward.

I don't believe that...you fell asleep during your oral...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

OL French, its tick the boxes, I'd be in honours if it weren't for my poor spelling. Honestly I couldn't believe I did either, perhaps "sleep" is a bit strong since it was max like 15 minutes, but it was so sunny and warm and cozy and I'd got all my answers first time round and I was just resting my eyes, then BAM. I missed the entire section 3 and had a sore face. I'm not counting OL French so thats why I'm not ranting and raving.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

callaway92 wrote: »
    I don't believe that...you fell asleep during your oral...:rolleyes:
    OL French, its tick the boxes, I'd be in honours if it weren't for my poor spelling. Honestly I couldn't believe I did either, perhaps "sleep" is a bit strong since it was max like 15 minutes, but it was so sunny and warm and cozy and I'd got all my answers first time round and I was just resting my eyes, then BAM. I missed the entire section 3 and had a sore face. I'm not counting OL French so thats why I'm not ranting and raving.
    I think the confusion is arising from you typing oral, when you meant aural (listening) :)

Oh god I feel like such a retard. Thanks. :D I'll correct that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Oh god I feel like such a retard. Thanks. :D I'll correct that.

Oh well, who cares - you'll never have to do one again (hopefully!) :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

in biology i may have written an abbreviation of the name richard instead of penis.........examiner was overly joyed though to correct me......telling me extremly loudly that penis is the correct wording for the male genitalia and that i should know that as i am male.........i knew it but i was just rushing and made a super dodgy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I have a really bad tendancy to talk to myself during exams..like motivational cringy pep talks when I'm freaking out. I never noticed until I realised that the guy who sits beside me was looking at me like I was possessed and commented on it.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Happened to me a few times too:o Did it once in primary school....i'll always remember....accidentally flicked a pen, flew across the room and hit the teacher in the face....needless to say she flipped a lid...got away with it tho:D

Its something to do with not holding the pen tight enough me thinks....

OMG.. I did that in primary school to, except it was a pencil..

I just to always wiggle my pencil between my finger (Very easily distracted me =P). Well this one day we had a substitute teacher, and he was just walking down the class room and the pencil went flying out of my hand, just missing his ear by about an inch..

He was nice though so he just made a laugh about how I was trying to asassinate him or something

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TowlieMcD

The worst is the fart! did one during irish(it had been building up for ages cause i didnt want to let it out in front of anyone so i tried to let it out slowly and managed it but trying to contain myself as the fellow beside me starts cringing was so difficult. i kept a serious face and made sure i looked like i was deep in thought haha :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

OMG.. I did that in primary school to, except it was a pencil..

I just to always wiggle my pencil between my finger (Very easily distracted me =P). Well this one day we had a substitute teacher, and he was just walking down the class room and the pencil went flying out of my hand, just missing his ear by about an inch..

He was nice though so he just made a laugh about how I was trying to asassinate him or something

:D

I HAD ONE OF THOSE PENS BEFORE that you screw the top off {little plastic bit}........i took the ink part half out with the screwy lid thing still on the top and was bending back the ink bit like a twig........the screwy thing sorta sliped out of my hand and apparently it slingshoted and hit my business teacher in the head............wolrst thing is i didnt notice and everyopne was staring at me in shock while i was still playing w3ith my pen.......i looked up and she looked like she was goona cry........i still didnt know what was going on but assumed everyone was staring at me cause i was playin with the pen so i said...sorry i was bored.....she said thats hardly an excuse to atk me.........i said you can hardly call not paying attention attacking you..........she sent me to the office and said go tell the principle what you did.........i went and told him i was playing with my pen and he that shed sent me to the office........he told me to go tell her to stop wasting his time with such things..........i did and she walked olut of the building............THEN everyone decides to tell me that id hit her in the head...........i was mortifyingly amused at my self.........

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I have hayfever. Enough said :L

also my stomach goes off every now and again and my graphite pencil kept rolling down the desk just there during the art exam. I'm such a lovely person to sit near..

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

I sneezed. Except when I sneeze I scream... so I like sounded like Id been shot or something, and the entire exam hall turned to look at me, and then i started laughing hysterically at myself for trying not to laugh after sneezing so people wouldnt think i was pretending to sneeze....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

A girl tripped up a little while bringing in the tea and biscuits, i nearly wet myself laughing i couldnt stop xD
    And not really a mess up, but while drawing the male organs for biology my inspector kept laughing at my diagram.... it must have been really bad xD

and on the stomach thing: i had food poisoning during irish, and stomach wouldnt stop making noises, but they sounded like farts.. so embarrasing -.-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

For biology today, we were asked to draw a diagram to explain how involuntary reflexes work.

I was clueless on how to draw a diagram on this, so I did what I normally do and drew a stick figure :D I put his hand on something hot with him saying ouch.. With arrows pointing from the hand to the spine.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

denballs wrote: »
    stomach rumbles=stomach needs liquid..........your all sweatin cause of stress and sun.......drink 7-up or pepsi..........the gas,ll make you burp a bit but will stop the growles..........you guys need to buck up on chemistry/biology:D

I rustle paper to cover up the noise. I'd rather people think I was being needlessly annoying than think that I was hungry...

• Advertisement

Danger781 wrote: »
    For biology today, we were asked to draw a diagram to explain how involuntary reflexes work.

I was clueless on how to draw a diagram on this, so I did what I normally do and drew a stick figure :D I put his hand on something hot with him saying ouch.. With arrows pointing from the hand to the spine.. :D
    That is brilliant!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kingsley16

orlabobs wrote: »
    The last day going into Irish paper 1 my stomach decided to make the most huge grumble/noise ever! Everyone, and I mean everyone looked around. Then for the next half a hour it continued to make noise every now and again.....

luckily i'm not one to be really badly embarrassed, but it was still pretty cringeworthy!

OMFG i had like a nak for them stomach grumbles. that kept happening to me during the JC so i knew i didn't want that to happen this year in my LC. i absolutely stuffed myself with food every morning before an exam. i should have put down anxiety as a disability lol cause i get soooo insecure about it and i can never concentrate again after it happens. lol and do you ever notice how you know when it's coming and you're like "uh oh" and then i start opening pages or cough repeatedly to cover up the sound XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Pimptastic

I LOVE this thread :D. And all that stuff about your stomach rumbling is SO true!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

When I was doing maths using the calulator mashing the buttons and the calculator slipped off the table. The noise followed got everyone looking over in my corner but I pretended not to notice and stuck my head down pretending to write furiously. Then a few minutes later I reached to pick up my calculator, stetched then BANG my table collapsed. Examiner had to come down and fix it, Jeez some loud laughs towards me then. What was funnier though was the superintendent saying ''careful now'' when she fixed the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

During Irish paper 2 I got gassy...really gassy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

During the french aural one Big Loud Fly was buzzing about the same girl for a good 10 minutes, landing on her and all. very entertaining....and distracting lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shortsighted

Start of the Biology exam.

Placed all my exam 'equipment' in order on the table (I'm a bit pedantic about having everything in the right place at the beginning of an exam).
    Had my 2 litre bottle of Ballygowan, sports drink and glucose sweets all placed out neatly in front of me, ready to begin. Examiner proceeds to give out exam papers as we're already a few minutes behind, realise I forgotten the vital component of my exam desk prep that is my pencil case, shout "Stop!". Am forced to walk all the way back to the back of the hall amidst dirty looks from everyone whose time I'm wasting and all the way back up again...

Walk of shame fo' sure :(

Start of the Biology exam.

Placed all my exam 'equipment' in order on the table (I'm a bit pedantic about having everything in the right place at the beginning of an exam).
    Had my 2 litre bottle of Ballygowan, sports drink and glucose sweets all placed out neatly in front of me, ready to begin. Examiner proceeds to give out exam papers as we're already a few minutes behind, realise I forgotten the vital component of my exam desk prep that is my pencil case, shout "Stop!". Am forced to walk all the way back to the back of the hall amidst dirty looks from everyone whose time I'm wasting and all the way back up again...

Walk of shame fo' sure :(

I do that too. I had everything set for Geography, in the order that I would use it (pencils to the left as I'd use them first for the short questions, then highlighter for highlighting questions), and as soon as I was given out the paper I forgot to take my ruler out of my bag.

My pen ran out in geography, so i bought a new pen, then that ran out in biology!! had to use one of those horrible cheap biros that hurt your hand like hell D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

muffinz wrote: »
    That is brilliant!!! :pac:

I'm constantly doing that in exams :o At least I can cheer up the examiner's day.. :p

For the sheeps heart experiment we were asked to draw a detailed diagram about the procedure etc, and I had not looked at the experiment at all.. So I drew a heart with a knife in it.. xD

Labelled it 'Scalpel' and 'Sheep heart' :D

For Irish I wrote a load of crap as well :P

For 'An Cearrbhach' we were asked what kind of person is God? The start of my answer..
    "God is an old person. He is 2010 years old. He lives in Hell."
    Obviously I meant to say Heaven but I thought 'Oifreann' meant Heaven! :pac: Examiner is gonna think I'm a satanist :(

For 'Gealt' we were asked about the main points for the poem..
    -The bus driver wet his pants. He is enjoying the pleasures of life.

-The Gealt jumped into the doctors arms and really enjoyed this.

-Everyone on the bus was off their head
    :D:D

Advertisement