Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post

Options
  • 16-06-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi guys!
    Is there something wrong with the post in sligo these days? My mum sent me a big envelope with stuff for the World Cup for Germany which you obviously dont get here. That was sent on Friday nearly 2weeks ago and I have never received it! The parcel from my boyfriend with an i phone came though but this was within Ireland. Im wondering if there's something wrong with abroad post being delivered to irish addresses? Because I orded something off pixmania.ie 2weeks ago which should come from england and i have not received that either. It takes 10days to deliver and now its 14days already! I can tell you that im really pissed off with this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Ok just looked up on my email to see when the item from pixmania was dispatched and it was 01/06 which is 15 days ago now!!!
    I have got the tracking number there and I typed it in on the DHL website and apparently it could not find such tracking number...

What is going on???
    The post is a disgrace!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Well, if it's DHL it's not An Post that's at fault.

I know that some stuff is taking a hell of a long time to come from the UK, I waited 3 weeks for a parcel to leave the sorting centre, so that wasn't really An Post's fault either :)

right okay but I always get my post on time from DHL... there is no office for DHL in Sligo anymore... If you miss the post they do have to leave a note though so you can collect it somewhere.

Also about my letter from Germany... I always got my post, NEVER in my life I had a letter that got lost.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I know that there's still a massive backlog of international post due to the volcano still, everything is running 3-4 weeks behind apparently.

Basically it's a lottery whether your post goes onto the next plane / boat or whether it gets caught in the backlog.

Complete pain.

DHL are a courier service so aren't affected the same way.

Oh is that it? Well the volcano ended about a month ago... That cant be the case though just because of that all the other mail gets left behind. The post should be dealing with that like and expect something like that.

It is kinda interesting that DHL is with the German post....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

if its an post, have you called to the sorting office in finisklin (assuming you are in sligo town)

DHL, might only deliver if packet fits through letter box if no answer at door.

best answer i can give tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Pixmania is a disaster. We've had problems with them before, they use a courier but we've always had to wait at least two weeks to receive things from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I know a postman and most of my mail from the UK and America has been arriving fine, it depends whether or not its been seen by courier and not via An Post. Also it could be the service within the country its been sent from and not An Post.

Well... in the end it arrived on Friday! :)
    Letter from my mum has never arrived though... and thats with An Post... ah well nothing I can do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 josephgriffin

Regarding stuff sent from pixmania, this is sent via fedex. It is all sent from France. If you log on to fedex.com/ie and enter the tracking numbers there you should see exactly where your package is.

• Advertisement

Yeah I found that out because when they sent you the wrong stuff you can get them to send it back and that is an address in France. I thought everything would be in the UK.

Advertisement