Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surfing fuvrtaventura?

Options
  • 16-06-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I am heading fuvrtaventura in a few weeks anyone know any good surf schools i could rent a board?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If you are staying in corelecon (spelling) there are loads of shops so you won't have a problem but you need to be able to surf as the waves there aren't that good for beginners.

Bring an extral from of photo ID as they may want to keep your driving licens or pass port encase you do a runner with the board both of which you will need to rent a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bagus

The winds are bad there (surfwise) most of the year. Lots of lineups, but mostly wind blown mess. Have plan B ready, ever try kite surfing etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wuben

bagus wrote: »
    The winds are bad there (surfwise) most of the year. Lots of lineups, but mostly wind blown mess. Have plan B ready, ever try kite surfing etc...

I havent actually whats it like? looks hard

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bagus

Never tried it, just saying to have Plan B ready as the surf is very wind affected there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 contaeanchlair

anyone just back from here?

How messy is it about now, have a week off suddenly was thinking of jumping on a ryanair flight on Friday and basing myself around Corralejo (advised on another link here somewhere).

Am not an expert by any means so was going to book into a surf school for a week and let them worry about trying to find the right conditions somewhere (also mean less hassle bringing my board etc), I see the quiksilver one advised separately?

Spacehopper, you think a car to be hired is a needed instead? You think I am nuts?

I guess worst case I sit on a beach in the sun for a week once I get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Sport101

-You'll need a car in Fuerte for driving along the spots on the north track.
    -Corallejo is fine for hanging about (decent food etc.) but only 1 wave breaks close to it behind the harbour wall. everything else is a bit of a trek
    -Plenty of naked Germans hanging around.
    -Not too many waves for learning apart from Cotillo on the nw coast (30 mins)
    -Lobos is class when it breaks, but a zoo and you need to take a boat in the morning as you cannot camp on the Island.

Head to morocco instead, cheaper, better waves and awesome culture (apart from taghazout that is). All that aside, its summer so you've a good chance of getting skanked on the wave front in both spots.

Advertisement