Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much will you improve your grade by in your subjects?

• 16-06-2010 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Wat do ye tink???r ye in danger of going down in anything??wat is the general improvement does anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Wat do ye tink???r ye in danger of going down in anything??wat is the general improvement does anyone know??

I'll be up in every subject except French(serious lack of effort) and Economics(A1 in mocks) Should go up 10-15 percent in everything else though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Probably gonna do worse in Pass Irish since the only bit of study I did was the two hours before the exam. But once I pass I should be okay.

I aim to get higher in everything else. I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 sarahisdeadly

Well I did really well in the mocks so I'd be very surprised if I didn't go down in a few things.
    Hoping to go up in Maths and Applied Maths though, as I didn't have the courses finished at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

might go up abit more if ye got off the internet an did abit of revision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Dante Fierce Bullfighter, please cut out the textspeak, it's not welcome around here.

• Advertisement

might go up abit more if ye got off the internet an did abit of revision

You might get that job if you got off the leaving cert forum and looked for a job.

Zing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Maths-A1-Won't change

History-C2 (didn't study)-Up to A1

English-B2-Up to B1

Irish-B3-Down to C2 (almost collapsed in exam (paper 2) due to medical issue)

Chemistry-C1 (only took it up late 5th year, didn't study)-Up to A1 if paper is reasonable (got lots of grinds)

App Maths-A2-Up to A1

Accounting-A1-Won't change

German-C3-Maybe up to C1/C2

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

So far I feel like I've gone up in everything.Still got DCG and physics but I got both c2s in the mocks so I will definatly go up.Looking like I'll hit the 450 mark if these last two exams go well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

Maths-A1-Won't change

History-C2 (didn't study)-Up to A1

English-B2-Up to B1

Irish-B3-Down to C2 (almost collapsed in exam (paper 2) due to medical issue)

Chemistry-C1 (only took it up late 5th year, didn't study)-Up to A1 if paper is reasonable (got lots of grinds)

App Maths-A2-Up to A1

Accounting-A1-Won't change

German-C3-Maybe up to C1/C2
    You are going for 585 do? Some going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Good luck with that EuropeanSon, wish I was like you there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Geography HL - C1 hoping for B1 considering how well paper went
    Irish OL- C1 don't care what I get once I passed
    English HL- D3 will be happy as long as I pass
    French HL- D1 happy as long as I pass
    Accounting HL- D1 hoping for at least a B1 didn't even attemp section 3 in mocks
    Ag Science HL- B3 want to go up to at least a B1
    Maths HL- D1 want at least a C2 seen as the paper was the easiest in years
    LCVP- Pass want a merit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

Ugh i've already decided on maybe repeatin....tryin to keep a part time job, a full time band, a needy girlfriend, an internet addiction and an absoloute topsy tervy household i didn't get any time to study....:(

Oh well!
    i'll say i'll rise about 50 points from the mocks but i had a serious problem the night before practicals and mocks so not lookin good :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

Hmm..
    Maths B1 -> A1

English B3> B1/A2

Physics B3-> A1

Art C1-> B3

Geography B3->B1

Applied maths C1-> B2 (only took it up this year outside of school and have done nothing in it.. maybe im being optimistic)

Irish OL A pass is fine :D

German B1-> B1/A2

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

I'd be so, so lucky if I didn't go down in everything. Think the only thing I have a chance at doing better in is chemistry, hopefully I can get an A1 (up from A2) if I put in the effort over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

English (HL) - C2 -> B3
    Maths (HL) - E -> D1/C3 (C3 is if I'm lucky..)
    Irish (HL) D1 -> (OL) B1/A2 xP
    French (HL) C1 -> No change.
    Biology (HL) A2 -> A1
    Accounting (HL) B2 -> A2/A1
    Chemistry - (HL) C3 -> B2

Those are roughly my aims/thought so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

English HL - C2 >>> C1
    Irish HL - B2 >>> A2
    French HL - C1 >>> B3
    Economics HL - A2 >>> A1
    DCG HL - C3 >>> A2
    Physics - E >>> C2
    Maths Ord - B2 >>> Couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

edit: all higher

Home Ec- B1 in the mocks, would live to go up, not surethough
    Biology- got B2, hoping to improve tomorrow
    Maths- C3 - better get at least B2 if not B1 or A2
    English- hard to tell A2 in the mocks was total fluke, would likesame or B1, maybe
    History- A2 , would love to keep this or get an A1- feel I did quite well today
    Irish- B3, hoping for B2 or 1
    French- don't care as is my 7th subject, got C2, would like to break into b territory

Hmmm... That gives me around 490 or there abouts... Need 500- oh dear!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'll be gutted if I go down in anything, considering for my mocks I failed everything except English and French.

So hoping everything goes up:D

EDIT suppose may as well throw up what I got, I have no shame:)

Maths F- C1
    Irish F- D3
    Geog E- C1
    English D1- C2
    Biology E- D2
    Construction F - D3
    French D3- C3

There what I'll think I get, but I'll hope for abit more:)

I'd love if all that came true, but I'd be satisfied if I got 4As (including App Maths and Maths) and a B, which is all I need for the course I want to do. Anything more is a bonus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

um i got a job thanks .

zing... or whatever ..

• Advertisement

um i got a job thanks .

You are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭blacklionboy

I read somewhere that the average people go up after the mocks is 100 points..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Well the ones that I have done so far

English A2 -> B2
    Maths A1 -> A2/B1
    Geography A1 -> A1 (hopefully)
    French B2 -> B3
    Irish A2 -> C1 (Paper One ruined me!)

The ones that I have left

Physics A1 -> hopefully an A1, but I'll need to work my ass off
    Accounting A1 -> hopefully an A1, but it's very dependent on what comes up!
    Applied Maths A1 -> possibly A2/A1, but those questions can be quite complex at times. The marking scheme is usually made easier to adjust for this though [that's what I'm relying on!]

Mind you there were lots of hints, etc. about what was coming up in the mocks. No such things for the real LC, so there is an element of luck combined with being fully prepared. In my opinion, very few people feel 100% prepared for every exam, regardless of what comes up. There is always an element of hope to a certain question coming up (e.g. Tabular Statements, Characteristics of a Biome, Yeats...), even if people are able to handle whatever comes up.

Edit: This was my 3000th post :o

images?q=tbn%3AsfsTTvtiCytT_M%3A%3Awww.walkoffwalk.com%2F2009%2F12%2F&t=1&usg=AFrqEzfyPVimTRHT4sm0yQgytU0vdNDPrQ

590 in your mocks is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Didn't do mocks this time 'round, but when I did the LC first time in 2008 I went up 135 points from mocks to real thing, didn't bother with mocks at all.

2008 v 2010*

English A1 - A1
    Irish A1 - A1
    Maths (ordinary) - B3 - A2
    Geography A2 - B3 (project issue looks like ruining my Leaving Cert :()
    German B1 - B2/B3
    Biology B2 - A1
    Business B2 - A1 (Now Chemistry :P)

*Obviously all predicted grades, particularly as I haven't done German or Chem yet! Quite confident i've 3 A1's so far, but the geography sh*te has put huge pressure on the 2 to come, I have a feeling i'll just fall short :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Geography A2 - B3 (project issue looks like ruining my Leaving Cert :()

What was the issue with your project? You probably did better than you think!

I went way over the word count in my GI, but I hope they don't count them - I might be ok!

Actually I forgot about that when thinking of my grade in Geography!

EDIT: Never mind, I just read the thread you started. It's a pity about that!

Advertisement