Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC won't connect to Eircom broadband, iPhone & DS will

• 16-06-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

I hope I have the right forum for this, apologies if I haven't!

Have a Samsung NC10 running XP since last Feb, no issues with Eircom broadband until I came back from a week away last Saturday. The PC connects to the wifi but barely gets 4 or 5 bytes of info downloaded and won't bring up Google or anything.

Yet my iPhone and my wife's DS connect no problem! Speed is normal, connects as normal, all good.

The only other thing was that the modem kept cutting out, but Eircom sorted that. However, they say that as other devices are connecting, the modem's not at fault.

Could someone shed some light on this or give me some pointers? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TinfoilRaver

scan for virii,malware and other crap.

Did you check your network card in Device Manager to see if its functioning properly?Sometimes things just break.

Try connecting directly to the eircom router with a cable and see if you can connect properly to the web.If you can its a problem with the wireless on the laptop(check above..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

My aunts computer is having this issue too, my laptop worked on the wireless but their laptop and desktop wouldnt work wired or wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

Check your firewall isnt blocking your incoming web traffic on port 80, also check there isnt a fault with the network card

R3al wrote: »
    Check your firewall isnt blocking your incoming web traffic on port 80, also check there isnt a fault with the network card
    Did both of these, and no solution. There is an internet connection as if i manage to connect to msn it stays logged in and working, the connections just time out unless the connection is continuous like a video stream or msn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,399 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Teutorix wrote: »
    Did both of these, and no solution. There is an internet connection as if i manage to connect to msn it stays logged in and working, the connections just time out unless the connection is continuous like a video stream or msn.

When you use msn can you see the bytes sent received going up

Have you tried a different web browser

• Advertisement

When you use msn can you see the bytes sent received going up

Have you tried a different web browser
    Data packets are being sent/received, tried firefox and IE. It works for a few seconds after reseting the router but then it keeps timing out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

Thanks for all the suggestions, I ended up doing a system restore back to 19 May and it's all good now!

Advertisement