Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About Portable Hard Drives. Help needed.

Options
  • 16-06-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

So I bought this today for my Numark DDS.

Basically the Numark DDS( Digital DJ System) takes in mp3's and the likes from external devices through USB ports and then you can play/mix your songs.

I connected my ipod via USB to it. The DDS Recognised all my playlists and songs and did it automatically like that. It was probably made to recognise ipods this way.

For Backup I Bought The seagate hard drive 250gb. But When I connect it to my DDS it says "This device in USB does not support writing data". So all i can do is browse through every file without them being categorised at all. Unable to use the search feature...etc

:eek:

I really need this resolved by the weekend so I have a secure backup of my songs on a hardrive that cant work with my Numark DDS.

Maybe I need a different type of hard drive?

:eek:

p.s. maybe this is in the wrong place. I'm not sure. Its about hard drives really which is in technology..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Check what filesystem you have on the hard-disk. If it came with NTFS then its possible that the hardware only supports reading from this. You just need to reformat it as FAT32 and you should be good to go. Just FYI at a glance I'd say that it is running some sort of linux derivative and doesn't include software for writing to NTFS. Anyway I'd be surprised if reformatting as FAT32 didn't fix the problem.

Advertisement