Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I made a big mistake today in French!!!

• 16-06-2010 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

For the first comprehension for the english part i tink i made a big mistake...in the piece i taut it said that the test will be more complicated!! So, i sed that they would not like this change. The first point i sed that it is more complicated while the second point i sed was that u could fail if you go through a red light which is bad.... I presume i will get nothing for those answers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

back when i was in school an doing my junior cert, one of the girls did the whole french exam in english ... the letters an essays or whatever.... in english.... hahahahahah what a dope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

For the first comprehension for the english part i tink i made a big mistake...in the piece i taut it said that the test will be more complicated!! So, i sed that they would not like this change. The first point i sed that it is more complicated while the second point i sed was that u could fail if you go through a red light which is bad.... I presume i will get nothing for those answers!!
    Troy Bald Sideshow, please cut out the textspeak, it's not welcome around here.

Mike, this is the second time tonight and I'm pretty sure the third time altogether I've said this to you.

Next time it will be a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kfpt

i said the same thing......but i said that it would be more difficult because they have to look out for pedrestrians and cyclists and there will be 100 new questions ????

i dunno i dont think ill get zero will i??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'd offer to help you mike, but I cannot understand what your saying to me:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

Mike, this is the second time tonight and I'm pretty sure the third time altogether I've said this to you.

Next time it will be a ban.
    Sorry, I didnt know that it was forbidden on this site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

No point wallowing about it now. What's done is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

1st Comprehension-English answered Question. Something like "Will these people welcome the new changes?" For my answer I said that it will be more complicated for them. For my second point I said the they will not like it because they will fail if they just break a red light.
    I presume I will get no marks for this!!
    Is that easier to understand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I think you have the right answer Mike. A lot of people wrote that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sazdestar

If you quoted to back it up ur grand cuz its ur opinion.. 'do YOU agree with this statement..so it'll be fine.. i said the same thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

I gave an answer pretty much like that. So long as you back up your point with a relevant quote, it doesnt matter what you say.
    Besides no point looking back at it now, its done, and im sure you did great! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Interzone

I'd point out the irony but I wouldn't want this to deteriorate into a grammar war. (because I's eventually lose ;))

In response to OP: Yeah, in the past they've catered for both options when it's been a yes/no kind of question so I think that you'll be fine as long as you justify.

BMc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 foxpoint1

it said the old test was complicated..not the new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

If you backed up your answers and concentrated fully on the rest of the paper.
    I'm sure you will do fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I said the same. I think they said the exam would be just as complicated. I said they'd be disappointed because of the new fatal errors rather than every error dropping you points, and because the French are being led to believe that it'll be an easier test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 falala

What if you don't quote but say they said something in the text to show it? I think both of my answers for that were kind of the same. The first one was something like they will feel safer knowing that other drivers will be safer on the roads, and the second was that it is safer for pedestrians. I said that if the driver has experienced problems while walking/cycling, they will understand the need for safer drivers and therefore they will welcome the new test. **** :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I said they won't like it because there's delays in getting the licences but they might think it's okay because it said at the start it's there to improve safety on the roads. Yep, I'm screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

i said how i agreeed ... the people will like this as it will mean safer roads.. nd the other part i said there wont be a delay... messed up french big time... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

French...my highest hope, one of two chances of me getting an A1..then I did attempted the listening comprehension. :o:o

Advertisement