Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to bring a boundary dispute to court

Options
  • 16-06-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My father has been involved in a land dispute with his brother for nearly twenty years. He has exhausted absolutely every avenue of mediation, etc. and it has got nowhere. I fear that it could get to a point where somebody could be hurt and I just want it over. Going to court is something he always wanted to avoid for for family reasons, costs, etc. At the end of the day, all my father wants is a legal boundary so that he can sell the farm and get out of the situation. He could accede to his brothers coveting but after twenty years, what would be the point? I agree with him on this. I am in my mid twenty's and have saved enough to help my father take this to court and finish this once and for all. We just need a third party to resolve the matter at this stage.

How can a case like this be taken to court?

What court would one take it to?

How long do these type of cases generally last?

Are the cost for this type of case limitless?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It might be better to try some sort of arbitration.

Advertisement