Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Japanese import repair - help please

• 17-06-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi lads!

My brother has a Toyota Estima 2.4 (or 2.2?) petrol hybrid. The car would stop after every 10 kms and the VSC light is always on. Tried calling Toyota service centres but they all say that they don't know if they'd be able to fix it.

Could anyone recommend a garage/mechanic who is familiar with japanese import cars around the dublin area?

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

The problem with these is that there is no manual available in english, So trying to trace some problems is hard cause you dont have the correct information ie.
    ECU pin connections, voltages at certain places etc, The VSC light will also come on if it detects a problem in the engine, It may also be a problem in the hybird system.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jj73

beam99 wrote: »
    The problem with these is that there is no manual available in english, So trying to trace some problems is hard cause you dont have the correct information ie.
    ECU pin connections, voltages at certain places etc, The VSC light will also come on if it detects a problem in the engine, It may also be a problem in the hybird system.

This is true, we've been looking for the workshop manual on the net. The only site we saw was one that only accepts moneybookers, not sure if it is legit.

My brother doesn't know what to do with the car now. He's been to two garages in Tullamore, who has work on other japanese import cars, but the two garages had found different faults on their tests. And both are not sure if they would be able to fix it.

Do you have the list of fault codes that they found? What is happening to the car is the engine just cutting out and not starting again, is the main hybird malfunction light staying on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Have a look on here www.estimaowners.com
    Uk based but might be worth a shot

beam99 wrote: »
    Do you have the list of fault codes that they found? What is happening to the car is the engine just cutting out and not starting again, is the main hybird malfunction light staying on?

Thanks beam99. The faults that my brother was told about were C1336 (zero calibrating deceleration sensor) and C1345 (not learning linear valve). The engine keeps on cutting off every 10kms. You have to take the key out and put it back in again to restart. The VSC light is always on... sorry but I don't know what that is.

• Advertisement

andyeire wrote: »
    Have a look on here www.estimaowners.com
    Uk based but might be worth a shot

Thanks andyeire. We will try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd imagine VSC is Vehicle Stability Control, otherwise known as ESP.

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'd imagine VSC is Vehicle Stability Control, otherwise known as ESP.

Thanks Anan1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

im a toyota/lexus mechanic those are standard codes for a disconnected battery, its just a matter of calibrating the vsc by crossing two pins on the diagnostic plug, those faults will not make the car stop. it has to be a P or B code. eg b2297 or P1234. pm me and we may look at it in kildare.is the engine light coming on with ignition lights? and then going off when in start pos?

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    im a toyota/lexus mechanic those are standard codes for a disconnected battery, its just a matter of calibrating the vsc by crossing two pins on the diagnostic plug, those faults will not make the car stop. it has to be a P or B code. eg b2297 or P1234. pm me and we may look at it in kildare.is the engine light coming on with ignition lights? and then going off when in start pos?

Hi Padraic! Thanks a million! PM on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Khawaja1

I am trying to find a solution to Estima Hybrid 2002 Problem. It shows error code P3006. can any one help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Khawaja1 wrote: »
    I am trying to find a solution to Estima Hybrid 2002 Problem. It shows error code P3006. can any one help?
    Hello zombie thread .o/

P3000 errors are related to the battery according to the internets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Khawaja1

But what exactly does it mean P3006. Toyota dealers are giving guestimates as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Estima same like previa .... according this -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Estima
    So i recon all parts and problems same like previa. worth look in to previa forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

estima-motoring.co.uk
    teoc.ws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

P3006 on a mk1 prius means "battery levels unusually different"

have a look at this:

http://www.lusciousgarage.com/blog/comments/gen_1_prius_battery_failure/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Main reason I didn't go for the 2.4 hybrid is the seemingly common charging system/battery failures that are very expensive to fix.

Estima Hybird model AHR10W

DTC
    DTC detection condition
    Problem point
    P3006
    Delta SOC is above the reference level
    • HV supply battery ASSY
    • Battery computer ASSY

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bobtheowner

Hi

Call this Garage

Attitude Motors
    D24K N25

They are the experts on Imported Japanese Cars in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

After 13 years I'd say it's in Hammond Lane at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ask for Bob the owner…

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Danny healy ray

iv a few 11 + year old motors and there flying it merc,BMW, and my own favourite Toyota hilux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭conor2469

Don't worry OP, Bobs firing up the time machine, he'll get you sorted. Although I hope Bob going back in time and fixing that Estima doesn't result in some catastrophic butterfly effect.

Advertisement