Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I be unbanned please

Options
  • 17-06-2010 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi moderators

I got banned for 'spamming' but I'm not sure why. I know you do not like it when people quote from your own charter but, and I quote, your charter states that spamming is :'Messages which serve no other purpose than to advertise websites, products or services, which appear in a place they shouldn't. (I added a website address for late nite radio band in a wedding band forum, it is a related forum since that band are a wedding band)
    The term is also often used on boards.ie to refer to posts which serve no purpose other than to increase one's post count (never knew this was important to some people) or relieve a User's boredom (I haven't got enough spare time to be bored)

please can you reconsider your decision

many thanks

Ronnie

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You should discuss this with the forum mod first (iguana), or if you're not happy with that then the CMods (nesf/Scofflaw0. If you're not happy with the response come back to this thread and an admin will review the issue for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ronnielemon

Thanks for the Zaph, much appreciated

Ronnie

Advertisement