Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MALA, Sgt Pokes & DJ KRUST - Twisted Pepper - 25th June

Options
  • 17-06-2010 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Breakology & Wobble present:
    Mala & Sgt Pokes (Digital Mystikz)
    DJ Krust (Full Cycle)
    Fri 25th June - The Twisted Pepper
    Admission €12 (pre sale) or €15 on the door

more info: www.breakology.ie

mala-pokes1.jpg

Dubstep badman Mala will be joining drum and bass legend Krust for a night of heavyweight bass in the Twisted Pepper on Friday the 25th of June.
    The Digital Mystikz and DMZ label co-founder Mala will be accompanied by the voice of DMZ, Sgt Pokes. Between them, Loefah and Coki helped pioneer the early dubstep sound and continue shaping it today. Mala’s life and inspiration flashes before you every time you hear him. In a second you are back in the early ‘90s, at a party in a pitch-black room, dancing to music that no one else in the world knows about apart from the people right there with you – the very ones making it. Between his beats you can hear the Ragga Twins, Kenny Ken and Grooverider. But also Misty In Roots, Burning Spear and Sizzla. Mala’s tracks are all of that at once and still something else. As a member of Digital Mystikz and host of the DMZ clubnight (with Coki and Loefah), he is central to a dubstep scene that continues to punch above its weight.

493585809_ff783923d0.jpg

Another pioneer in his respective scene, DJ Krust is the co-founder of Bristol's Full Cycle crew (with Roni Size, DJ Die and Suv), and he is much noted in the drum and bass underground for his push-the-envelope productions both alone and in collaboration with Size.
    Krust alongside the rest of the Full Cycle crew form half of the Mercury Prize winning Reprazent collective. In his own right, he is probably most well-known for the mid-90s release “Warhead,” which was one of a handful of tunes released in early 1997 which saw drum and bass move towards a more streamlined sound. “Warhead” has been remixed several times by both Krust and other artists. Krust is also well known for his 1996 release “Angles” on V Recordings.
    He is one of the most cerebral yet eternally funky of all the great drum and bass producers to come out of that era.

Largeness!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

This is going to be an absolutely epic night!

STOMP are up in the Mezz as well, Ganjdalf, Class A and myself, had to ring them and ask them to put me on earlier because NO WAY am I missing Mala, and I'd like to have a quick peek to see what Krust is up to these days as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

^ I played that on the radio last night as it happens, one of my all time favourites! still sounds fresh as a daisy 13 years on! Was never too big a fan of much the stuff he did after the Coded Language LP, although the last album was a bit of a return to form, I hear he's got a funk band on the go now or something? Persistent rumours that he's a Scientologist as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭robbie against

BIG GIG! cant wait to see Mala again, few of us looking forward to this one for ages, starting early for the brazil v portugal game so should be fairly loose by then.

Advertisement