Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cops and choppers!

Options
  • 17-06-2010 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Anyone have any idea what is happening around South Dublin with all the guards and helicopters?! Keeping me awake and i start work in 6 hours :(!!! Im in dundrum and mate over cabinteely said they were over his way a while ago....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭actua11

I'm in pretty much the same boat. Living in goatstown and there's been a chopper flying overhead for at least half am hour. The noise is a distraction but granted it must be for something pretty serious for so much activity at this hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

rash0001 wrote: »
    chopper just left!

Heard that.... well you know what i mean!! Im off to sleep.... i hope!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

chopper just left! was just over my house flying very low and also had an unmarked car with two guards on the street just infront of my entrance...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

heard a garda car with sirens heading from templeogue towards the m50 about a half hour ago.. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

anyone know what this was about? was fun for the first few minutes. chopper roars overhead, 2 unmarked car and 1 marked car playing tag in my street. 1 unmarked car and 1 marked stay in the street with the other unmarked going to the next street or wherever... guards from the marked car get out of the car and take a round of the walking path to the park kinda. Guards get back in the marked car and the marked car drives away. unmarked car moves ahead to a dark place and turns off the lights etc... waited for around 15 minutes and left but didn't leave in a hurry so... chopper was still there all this while and only left around 10 minutes after the cars left.

Our street was lit with most of the houses lights on and people peeping out of the windows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

This: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-held-following-dublin-petrol-station-robbery-462043.html
    A man has been arrested after the armed robbery of a Dublin petrol station in which staff were threatened with a samurai sword and a dagger.

Two men entered the Eglington station on the Cabinteely bypass at about midnight last night.

They took an undisclosed amount of money after telling an employee to open the till, and drove off on a motorbike down the N11.

Local Garda units and the air support crew gave chase, and one man was arrested a short time later.

He is being questioned at Shankill Garda station, while gardaí are still hunting for another suspect.

He is described as being 6' tall, and was wearing a peaked cap and white overalls.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-held-following-dublin-petrol-station-robbery-462043.html#ixzz0r6WNcpmj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

That was quite a commotion last night.
    I'm living close to that petrol station, those two stations have had their share of trouble over the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

More choppers2nite. Any one know the goss? Over last20mins but away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

dyl10 wrote: »
    That was quite a commotion last night.
    I'm living close to that petrol station, those two stations have had their share of trouble over the last 10 years.

The one going into Dublin seems to be getting all the worse of the trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

greenman09 wrote: »
    More choppers2nite. Any one know the goss? Over last20mins but away now.

I heard there was a house shot at in Ballybrack.
    Didn't see it myself, so can't confirm.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what's going on in Dundrum? Helicopter above the luas bridge part of it for the last 20 mins.... bit to close to home for comfort.... and it's keeping me awake-again!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Anyone know what's going on in Dundrum? Helicopter above the luas bridge part of it for the last 20 mins.... bit to close to home for comfort.... and it's keeping me awake-again!! lol

Possibly they read your last msg and are now bored and resigend to trying to keep you awake on random nites!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 redgp

It woke me up!! Wonder if someone escaped from Dundrum Criminal Mental hospital?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Just came on to ask the same thing, seemed to be hovering around for ages last night, kept looping around and coming back to the same spot, was really loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

were over Cabinteely for quite a while yesterday afternoon also. much lower than I have seen before too

Yeah it was really low and it was so so loud!! They helicopter has been over this way a couple of times the past 2 months.... good to know somethings being done i guess but i must admit i was definately freaked out last night as it was so close to home! Oh well.... I am just looking forward to nice sleep tonight!!!

Advertisement