Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE carer stole stroke victim

Options
  • 17-06-2010 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

HI did anyone see this a few weeks ago in the Limerick leader ...That a HSE carer stole €1,800 from a stroke victim that was 89yrs old :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Title is slightly misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mumof3angels

ops left out "from " sorry :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

ops left out "from " sorry :rolleyes:

lol. Did they ever find her ? the stolen victim that is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

HI did anyone see this a few weeks ago in the Limerick leader ...That a HSE carer stole €1,800 from a stroke victim that was 89yrs old :mad:

I didn't see this is the paper. Do you know what hospital/care home the carer worked for?

While financial abuse of a stroke victim is abhorrent I think the way carers are treated in this country is a joke. They do incredible work for absolute pittens. I'm working in a care facility at the moment and I've been absolutely bowled over by the dedication,commitment and work carers give each day with very little reward at the end of it.
    If the goverment and HSE took carers more seriously and paid them properly for the time and effort they put in, then Im sure this type of financial abuse would be eradicated.

Advertisement