Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming in Ireland - getting data with local SIM

Options
  • 17-06-2010 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Full disclosure - I know SFA about phone tech.

I am on Sprint in the US and have HTC Touch Pro 2 running WinMo. Roaming in Ireland currently and I bought the vodafone 10 euro SIM (pay as you go) which is now in phone. I'm still getting data.

Is data service independent of SIM or am I getting data through the vodafone SIM (I thought this was voice only).

Also - I tried my wifes vodafone SIM in my phone before I left US and I was calling my landline and my US mobile number was coming up on caller id and I could not understand how that was happening.

Have I missed out on some mobile phone fundamentals along the way? Is there something built into the phone that enables these scenarios? I thought the SIM drove everything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can use data here on the vodafone sim, but it is using the €10 credit. You are charged either €0.19 cent per MB for 'isp' APN, or 99cent a day for the 'live' APN.

Advertisement