Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone still using xbmc?

• 17-06-2010 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

just curious does anyone still use this regularly now that its been discontinued? I use it a bit to play mp3's and sometimes video

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's been officially discontinued but there is a fork of the project that's determined to keep it up to date on the xbox.

I'll use it on my PC when I get a remote ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Yep have it on 2 xboxes...still a good piece of kit.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

weeder wrote: »
    just curious does anyone still use this regularly now that its been discontinued? I use it a bit to play mp3's and sometimes video

I'm guessing your talking about it on the xbox? I use it everyday as it has the best ui and plays nearly everything you can throw at it. It runs on my xbox in the bedroom for sd and I have a asrock 330 running xbmc on W7 to my hdtv downstairs. It is the business and I run a skin called aeon on it to make it look as slick as poss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

Slide on over to XBMC4XBOX.org for all the latest updates, info and an excellent forum for xbox xbmc users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

@ Chrisfitz, I'm considering buying an asrock 330. Looking for the answer to a couple of questions please...

Is the device quiet under your tv?
    Does flash playback perform well?
    How is the internal case cooling?
    Does xbmc work properly with the remote that ships with the asrock 330ht?

Would really appreciate some feedback thanks :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement