Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol Station Canopy

Options
  • 17-06-2010 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Doing a job with renovation and assoc. works to petrol station.
    I have the steel frame aspect of the canopy sorted but need to clarify with the LA the actual finishes proposed to the canopy.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to suppliers/manufacturers, preferably SE Munster area? If not anywhere.
    LA are sticklers for specific info (too much time on their hands) so need to get exact correct finished spec for RFI.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Most of the "main players (oil companies that is)" in the market have standard requirements and a list of approved suppliers to go with their corporate image in terms of canopy signage. I know when I used to do a lot of service stations back in the mid-late 90's that was the case, and there were standard drawings, for the different signage, with font details, colour and height.
    Your client should have little difficulty in getting access to the info, if s/he has signed up or is an existing customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The big firms contract their work out to different "sign" companies. If you knew who had the contract for this you could contact them and they would give you all the necessary data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭rayjdav

This applicant is not going the route of the corporate franchise. It is to be stand alone independant. I think he hopes that it will get bought out in longer term..
    Local opposition, obviously, will not give information about where they got theres from.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Sending PM

Advertisement