Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greece vs Nigeria - 3.00pm - RTE2/BBC HD

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Rob green-eywo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Yoink. We're clearly the biggest club in England so he'll definitely be coming to us.

Could be. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Greece have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Could be. ;)

He'll be a bargain after that fumble.

EDIT: Is that a baby or a horn in the background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

keano_afc wrote: »
    That Nigerian keeper is one of the players of the tournament so far.

:)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If Greece lose this half, I'm going to have a little cry in the corner :o

e25 @ 6/5 at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

SantryRed wrote: »

I stand by it :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »

To be fair he is a wonderful shot stopper and really imposes himself in goal very very well.

Just one of those unfortunate things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Greece starting to look very tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Watching RTE online is a ****ing disaster. The commentators are about 10 seconds behind the pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

keano_afc wrote: »
    That Nigerian keeper is one of the players of the tournament so far.

+1

I always knew of his qualities - I bought him on Football Manager this year for Villa. ;)

LOL Jimmy.

"He's still not been replaced. I mean this is the World Cup. It's not like the World Cup was just talked about last week".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

He'll be a bargain after that fumble.

We will blame the ball for that one :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

gingelion wrote: »
    Definitely. You can throw any sports topic at him at all and he will tell you more about it than the entire internet ever could.

Except boxing where he makes a pig's ear of commentating and generally rambles on in a manner that confirms that he knows eff all about boxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

To be fair he is a wonderful shot stopper and really imposes himself in goal very very well.

Just one of those unfortunate things.

Ah I'm joking! He's been unbelievable. He jinxed him though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Kess73 wrote: »

Except boxing where he makes a pig's ear of commentating and generally rambles on in a manner that confirms that he knows eff all about boxing.

He knows more than you ;-)

" This is the 671st game in World Cup history, starting all the way back in 1930 in Uruguay ... and no I haven't seen them all." LEGEND!

"Magician killing rabbits?"

Huh?

Nigeria have lost all confidence since that sending off. Greece have actually played well.... Well, for their usual World Cup standards they've played well.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Nigeria still in it. If Argentina don't take the piss and do a job on Greece, and if they can beat South Korea by 2 goals it should be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

"Magician killing rabbits?"

Huh?

Nigeria have lost all confidence since that sending off. Greece have actually played well.... Well, for their usual World Cup standards they've played well.

Yeah the magician killed the rabbit, he was refering to the Greek creative player.

• Advertisement

Nigeria still in it. If Argentina don't take the piss and do a job on Greece, and if they can beat South Korea by 2 goals it should be enough.

Can't see that happening to be honest. Can only see a South Korea win for me when they meet Nigeria.

Can't see that happening to be honest. Can only see a South Korea win for me when they meet Nigeria.

Still should make for an awesome game though. Nigeria will set out to go for it and South Korea need it as well so it should be end to end.

Won't a one-nil win for Nigeria be enough?

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Won't a one-nil win for Nigeria be enough?

South Korea are -1, Nigeria are -2 on goal difference. A goal would bring them level but I think South Korea would go above them on goals scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

South Korea are -1, Nigeria are -2 on goal difference. A goal would bring them level but I think South Korea would go above them on goals scored.

In that case a 1 goal win for Nigeria would result in Korea on -2 goals, and Nigeria on -1.

I always get confused by this...

SK are -1 and Nigeria are -2

If Nigeria wins 1 nil is not

SK-2 and Nigeria -1

Level on points therefore Nigeria go through/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Really want Sth Korea to go through!! Having been in asia recently the love of football there is growing immensly and cant stand the way Greece set-up and play. They got lucky they were about to be handed a spanking before the handbags!

Hmm, looks like one nil would be enough. Didi made the same mistake as me on RTE then. He said they needed to win by two goals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

South Korea will beat Nigeria and go through!

I think it will be an interesting game regardless!

Why do RTE only ever show 10 seconds of the interviews?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

That was the most embarassing, cringe-worthy thing i have ever seen on RTE, and thats saying a lot. Why the hell was Didi Hamann wearing a sombrero, please can someone post up a screen shot of his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

man i lol at that big time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Hahah that was brilliant. The look on Hamann's face!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

http://worldcupdailyblog.com/2010/06/17/sani-kaita-red-card-is-the-catalyst-for-greek-revival/

Match report. A good one for a change. :P

Methinks that this was the most entertaining match of the tournament to date. Had everything.

I think that South Korea will at least draw with Nigeria and secure their passage to the last 16 as Argentina should still be good enough to win against Greece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

this is a killer of a wc for bets, placed some accus there months ago and they all rolled on

spain messed up a grand on one 14 fold

today i only needed nigeria to at least draw, duh. had about 500e riding on that

just cant win. what kind of an idiot kicks out like that when your team are cruisin.

as i said, a lol world cup

Advertisement