Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Severe Weather: Summer 2010

Options
  • 17-06-2010 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭

There's been plenty of severe weather throughout central and eastern Europe so far this month, and it has now shifted slightly west and south, with a broad area of low pressure now lying over the western Mediterranean and not set to move much over the next week or so.

See the daily ESTOFEX Severe Weather Forecasts here

France in particular has been badly hit, with 286mm of rain falling in 24hrs in Le Luc (80m amsl) up to 06UTC on the 16th. :eek: Fifteen people lost their lives.

117185.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Poland is underwater I think. Its all cos we have had the driest 6 months in God knows how long as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Video of flash floods in Les Arcs, fairly close to the station that recorded the 286mm
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdpl3t_les-arcs-inondations-enormes_news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

mike65 wrote: »
    Poland is underwater I think. Its all cos we have had the driest 6 months in God knows how long as far as I can see.

Not really; well, I suppose in a sense. Actually, maybe your're right!

The continent is currently under a battle zone with dry and relatively cool air, which is being driven by our own blocking high being driven into northern Europe which clashes then with much more unstable, moist and warmer air being pumped up into southern Europe. Result:

117241.jpg

(sat grab from yesterday the 16th)

Fronts activating over the heart of Europe. Some incredible rainfall totals over the South of France as mentioned already. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Not really; well, I suppose in a sense. Actually, maybe your're right!

The continent is currently under a battle zone with dry and relatively cool air, which is being driven by our own blocking high being driven into northern Europe which clashes then with much more unstable, moist and warmer air being pumped up into southern Europe. Result:

117241.jpg

(sat grab from yesterday the 16th)

Fronts activating over the heart of Europe. Some incredible rainfall totals over the South of France as mentioned already. :eek:

France gets beaten by Mexico and are now getting our crap weather aswell, there is a God!

Advertisement