Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Mouse died, need a replacement and I cant find one. Advice?

• 17-06-2010 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Ok, so for the last number of years I have been using a Logitech G7 and it was an amazing mouse. Last year it died on me and I was trying to replace it and found it difficult so as a temp measure I got a G5 (basically the wired G7) but the cable on that has caused damage to itself and now thats also dead. I really want to get my hands on another G7 but that seems almost impossible.

Can anyone recommend another Wireless gaming mouse that is as good as it and one that will not fail on me for years? I had my G7 for almost 5 years and it was awesome. Need a replacement that is as reliable

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I haven't used it myself but I've heard good things about the Logitech MX Revolution. The G7 was discontinued but you still might find something on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I know you specified wireless but I reckon I should recommend the mouse I use at home. It's a Razer Lachesis. The sensitivity settings can be adjusted so that you barely have to breathe on the mouse for the cursor to go flying across the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

My G7 died on me as well. I emailed logitech to do some troubleshooting and see if I could get it going again. After trying a few things they said yeah it was broken. Because it was out of warranty they offered me a 50% off voucher for the purchase of a new mouse. I'm not sure if I was allowed to but I ended up getting a few things, Speakers, keyboard and a new mouse, all for half price!

Anyway I got their top of the range wireless mouse, the Performance MX. I wasnt mad on it at first but I've gotten used to it now and I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

I would recommend a wireless mouse. Advent do small wireless mice. Easy to install & good quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Thanks oucancallme>al, might give that one a try. Although I just found out that its my wireless Netgear router that is interfering with the wireless signal as they both run off 2.4 ghtz. But in a few months I will be moving and there will be no need for the Wireless any more so I might just get a temp crappy mouse and test it then and see if that fixes things and I might just get back my baby :D And if not might give me enough time to actually find another G7 for sale, cause no one is selling them. Feckers :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Try the router or the mouse on different channels, both usually have options for changing the channel.

Advertisement