Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France vs Mexico - 7.30pm RTE2/BBC HD

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

adox wrote: »
    To be fair I think most people on here are over it too and it's a bit of fun. Having said that I'm still delighted France lost, especially when they clearly didn't bother their arses in both games.

And **** it, there's nothing wrong with holding a grudge. :D

Yeah, I'll hold onto my grudge if I want and I'll definitely enjoy watching France lose not only cos they were useless, but also cos I'm still a bit peeved off that they were there and we weren't!!!:D
    Nowt wrong with that IMO!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

oh was anyone in the pub last night for it?

i was, and the cheers for the Mexico goals made me lol hard. shouts of 'c*nt' when Henry came on the screen; it was slightly embarrassing.

the silence for the penalty was even better, then the place started jumping, almost bursting into song.

*forgive and forget*

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

SlickRic wrote: »
    oh was anyone in the pub last night for it?

i was, and the cheers for the Mexico goals made me lol hard. shouts of 'c*nt' when Henry came on the screen; it was slightly embarrassing.

the silence for the penalty was even better, then the place started jumping, almost bursting into song.

*forgive and forget*

:D

:o I cheered for the Mexico goal, mainly because it was Uniteds next world player of the year though. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Spud83 wrote: »
    :o I cheered for the Mexico goal, mainly because it was Uniteds next world player of the year though. :cool:

Blanco yeah? He should be world player year next year when he's 50 I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just saw The Sun's back page headline on RTE.

*cringes*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Spud83 wrote: »

oh i did too...i'm not trying to sound above anyone.

i just remember sitting back and thinking, are we all a bit sad?

but nah, it was all just a bit of craic to me.

i was actually running a table quiz fundraiser thing at the time, and i was quizmaster, and i purposely stopped the quiz when i saw on the TV screen that Mexico scored. everyone then went nuts with excitement.

so i did encourage the reactions a little bit :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just saw The Sun's back page headline on RTE.

*cringes*

What did it say??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It seems some Mexicans would have prefered Ireland to be there to

mexico.jpg

( picture from sports page in todays Daily Mail below )

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1287452/WORLD-CUP-2010-France-0-Mexico-2--Javier-Hernandez-Cuauhtemoc-Blanco-El-Tri-prove-hot-Les-Bleus.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Constructive use of an Ivory Coast flag there. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ShaneU wrote: »
    Is it Gheorghe Hagi you're thinking of? he used to do that too.

trick is named the blanco bounce or the Cuauhtemiña after him,he did it in the wc in 1998 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I love this article on the SS website, published on June 11th. :D
    France manager Raymond Domenech has described Wayne Rooney as his 'idol' but admitted he is fearful of coming up against the England striker at the World Cup.

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12025_6200995,00.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Latchy wrote: »
    It seems some Mexicans would have prefered Ireland to be there to

( picture from sports page in todays Daily Mail below )

A lad in what looks like a SA jersey..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Fizman wrote: »
    I love this article on the SS website, published on June 11th. :D

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12025_6200995,00.html

theres more of a chance of desmond tu tu playing against rooney than france

Advertisement