Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France vs Mexico - 7.30pm RTE2/BBC HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I had my order filled in and just waiting for a voucher code before checkout. Mexico scored, two refreshes on the facebook page and I got the voucher. Was done in less than a minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

How the hell did people get free pizza? Both my local stores just took their phones off the hook, the website crashed and I couldn't see anywhere on it to enter a code anyway.

they took the phone off the hook here too. but when you get to the part where you put your asddress in on the website there is a feild that says "voucher code" with a button under it marked "apply". when you apply it the 11 cost of the pizza is taken off the bill.

I paid €10 for an €21 order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

IvySlayer wrote: »
    ''Hernandez was offside''

**** off Dunphy.

He was though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Archimedes wrote: »
    Really? Apologies, I only saw the Mexican flag to the right of the half way line.

it was just a bit to the left. think it was covering an advertising board so was probably taken down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

By far best match so far in the competition, hopefully a sign of things to come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Further proof that Chad Ochocinco is indeed a legend.

noxdol.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I had my order filled in and just waiting for a voucher code before checkout. Mexico scored, two refreshes on the facebook page and I got the voucher. Was done in less than a minute.

I actually tried doing that before Mexico scored, but once again couldn't find anywhere to enter a voucher code.

Damn, I'm hungry now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Thought I just heard the crowd chanting Ole Ole..... must be dreaming!
    spockety wrote: »
    OMFG the Mexicans are even singing "OLE OLE OLE" in honour of the IRish!!!! FAIR PLAY ya boyos!!!

Oh no. I knew this would happen.:(

Where do you think the Irish took a spanish language chant from? Do you seriously think we invented it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Fair play to Meh-hi-co! Lets just hope them and Uruguay kick the ball about midfield for 90 minutes for a draw to ensure France get dumped out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I hear you're racist Ted

Tonight I am;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

cson wrote: »
    He was though ;)

If he was, then Henry definitely handled the ball........oh wait.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

He was though ;)

The graphic shown on the BBC shows he was onside.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Poor South Africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Not suggesting for a moment that South American football is corrupt but I am going to bet a cheeky 5k that Mexico and Uruguay draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66462775&postcount=294

How can I get this embedded in my post? I laughed so hard

I actually tried doing that before Mexico scored, but once again couldn't find anywhere to enter a voucher code.

Damn, I'm hungry now.
    Enter your order, click checkout, put in your email address (no password). On the next page where you select delivery or collection it's there before those delivery/collection options. Throw the voucher into the box and click apply. Probably not gonna get many more chances to do that though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

RATM wrote: »
    Fair play to Meh-hi-co! Lets just hope them and Uruguay kick the ball about midfield for 90 minutes for a draw to ensure France get dumped out.

one of these games please!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Johnny Hallyday, Napoleon, Nicholas Sarkozy, Michel Roux, Joan of Arc, Charles De Gaul, your boys took a hell of a beating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Trilla wrote: »

[IMG]https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/[/IMG*] Take out the *[/img]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Ronnie Whelan doesn't know the offside rule, surprise surprise, numpty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

Hahahah....he's clearly ONSIDE Dunphy.

Surely they're standing on the same point, there needs to be daylight strictly no?

The RTE lads getting confused over the offside rule

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

prinz wrote: »
    Oh no. I knew this would happen.:(

Where do you think the Irish took a spanish language chant from? Do you seriously think we invented it?

relax fella, I was referencing the fact that I could HEAR it i.e crowd louder than vevesulas!:)

I think he is onside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The graphic shown on the BBC shows he was onside.

Thats because they stopped the video way before the midfielder played the pass. It should have been run on atleast 10 more frames. He was a good yard off.

Trilla wrote: »

allez.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

look level to me

Funkfield wrote: »
    If he was, then Henry definitely handled the ball........oh wait.....

Would you ever drop that ****e? Seriously, is tonight not justice enough or will you have to drink the blood of every man woman and child of France before revenge is complete? :rolleyes:

Lol at Ronnie and Eamo arguing over the offside. :pac:

French keeper made it easy by diving to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

If the rule on goals regards where the ball is regarding the line, I think the offside rule should be judged by where the players body is making contact with the earth.
    ONSIDE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats because they stopped the video way before the midfielder played the pass. It should have been run on atleast 10 more frames. He was a good yard off.

RTÉ just spent two minutes discussing it. Onside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

He is onside as far as I can see...

Delighted to see France beaten but I reckon they will still go through. I think Uruguay and Mexico will be trying to win to avoid Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Jesus fùck Ronnie, he's fùckin offside you idiot! Pay attention to the rule changes! It's not rocket science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Actually lads, Dunphy (in his ignorance) is right. The feet are clearly level, however Hernandez is leaning forward and Gallas is leaning in the opposite direction meaning Hernandez's head (and right shoulder) is in an offside position. Remember, it's not just the feet, it's any part of the body that be used to score that's taken into consideration.

If the rule on goals regards where the ball is regarding the line, I think the offside rule should be judged by where the players body is making contact with the earth.
    ONSIDE.

Think shouldn't come into. You're either offside or you're not.

And Hernandez was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Ronnie Whelan doesn't know the offside rule, surprise surprise, numpty.
    That because he was often offside and got away with it. It just nobody told him that FIFA do not change the result afterwards due to cheating.
    He must have had his head in the sand when FIFA would not over turn the Ireland V France play off match Match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Who cares either way if he was offside. All the better if he was. How i'd love to see Mexico and Uraguay play out for a draw and see the look on Pratini's face.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just to rub it in another little bit I hope the French see it as offside!

He had no foot on the ground in an offside position:confused:
    His only grounded foot wasn't even level with defender, it was further onside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Pro. F wrote: »
    Jesus fùck Ronnie, he's fùckin offside you idiot! Pay attention to the rule changes! It's not rocket science.
    Wee bit slow is Ronnie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Hahahah....he's clearly ONSIDE Dunphy.

Surely they're standing on the same point, there needs to be daylight strictly no?

That daylight thing was rubbish. If any part of a player that can be used to score a goal is between the last man and the keeper when the ball is played then he is offside.

Myself and Roy Hodgson both feel it was offside, I am delighted to be in such esteemed company :)

Remember, it's not just the feet, it's any part of the body that be used to score that's taken into consideration.
    Fair enough so, didn't know this;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

I say fair play to Mexico for giving it to France as France did to Ireland.
    Karma a b*tch. :D

Mexico is my new favourite Country. I forgive them for their 2-1 beating of us in Orlando during 1994 World Cup, and lay that bad memory to rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Actually lads, Dunphy (in his ignorance) is right. The feet are clearly level, however Hernandez is leaning forward and Gallas is leaning in the opposite direction meaning Hernandez's head (and right shoulder) is in an offside position. Remember, it's not just the feet, it's any part of the body that be used to score that's taken into consideration.

I thought they changed that a couple of years ago? Wasn't there a whole thing about if the feet are level that the attacker would get the benefit of the doubt?

Would you ever drop that ****e? Seriously, is tonight not justice enough or will you have to drink the blood of every man woman and child of France before revenge is complete? :rolleyes:

Dude? Your pills?

Was just making the point that some decisions go for you, some against. Never said anything anti-French or anything.

N'est pas?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

ONSIDE.

You might want to think of it like that but you'd be wrong.

Unless they've changed the rules recently you're offside if any part of your body with which you can play the ball is ahead of the offside line when the ball is played.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Thank you Mexico.

36127_430462031293_542686293_6208605_2774069_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Enter your order, click checkout, put in your email address (no password). On the next page where you select delivery or collection it's there before those delivery/collection options. Throw the voucher into the box and click apply. Probably not gonna get many more chances to do that though :p

Have had a look. The branch I tried ordering from online didn't have anywhere to enter a voucher. The other branch a bit further from me did, but I never tried them online, just by phone.

Utter cúnts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I thought they changed that a couple of years ago? Wasn't there a whole thing about if the feet are level that the attacker would get the benefit of the doubt?

I don't think so. The change (back in 2005) was to include the head and chest along with the feet in counting as possible offsides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

LOL. Bill and Eamon are owning Ronnie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement