Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

helicopter last night

• 17-06-2010 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

anyone know why he was around buzzing viewmount at around 1 am this morning

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

dunno but it was pretty surreal

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Bastard woke me up flyin over Grantstown Village

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

It was pretty loud around Ardkeen Village as early as 11:30pm. I'm sure that due to noise pollution laws, they're not permitted to fly that late unless absolutely necessary.

Unless of course, they who do not obey the law, have traded in their piebalds for a new mode of transport. God help us all ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

shinzon wrote: »
    anyone know why he was around buzzing viewmount at around 1 am this morning

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

it just flew down over the city and did a fly over the river and headed back out towards the airport. It didn't have its search light on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 waterford1

there was an incident on the bridge last night hence the helicopter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

waterford1 wrote: »
    there was an incident on the bridge last night hence the helicopter
    What sort of incident? Someone threatening to jump?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

it flew right over my house at 12 30, really strange to see it out at that time, wonder what happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

maybe by the time it got in it wasn't needed as it only spent about 4/5 minutes over town before it heading back out

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I came out or work down beside the bridge at 00.10 and there was two Garda Cars on the bridge and a man hanging off the ledge. I stayed to watch the drama and there was about 40 people there in the end watching. The River Boat Rescue, 2 fire engines, ambulance and a lot of Gardai were present. The helicopter just flew over once and then left.

Great Credit to the Gardai who managed to get the man down before he jumped after about half an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Passed there myself just after 12, was wondering what was going on. Knew it couldn't of been good with a few Garda cars there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I like hearing it... it means its still there.. gives ya a sense of security!

Advertisement