Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Do I Do?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hopefully there will be good news when I log on tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

unfortuntely no news for you's yet :(

Friday evening, we had a call of 2 golden labs - when I got there (ASAP) i called and called and called and no sign. Stopped a man driving on the road and explained to him and he said that he had 2 labs - turn out it was them that the caller seen.

Last night (Sunday), we got a call from a man from the town I work in 15 miles away. He said that he was working on a farm during the week and there was 2 labs there - he asked about them and the people in the house said they were strays, that they were about for a couple of days. He was on his way to the chipper last night when he spotted a poster in the shop I work in and called it. He thought the picture of my dog was very like the dog he seen. He said our dog was an extremely friendly and quiet dog and he had a mind to take him home himself! He took a picture of the dog to take home to his wife even! He sent this photo onto us. It wasnt the best of a pic, so very hard to know but it does resemble our buddy. We jumped into the car and went in the general direction but there was no sign. Knocked on doors (I have to shamefully admit, this was at 11.30pm) and no one seen anything. There is a house on the road that owns 2 labs so maybe it was them..but the house they were at said there was strays :confused::confused:

Anyways, I got to work an hour and a half early this morning to print off a couple of more posters and go out to the road again.... stopped people/farmers and nobody seen any. Went out at lunchtime again to more houses and still no joy.

I got hubby to ring the caller from last night and he said he would keep and eye out for them. My hubby explained that he'd be looked after if we got the dogs back, as there is so much thought of them...

Thinking of even going to a psycic now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Don't give up hope OP!!! I work in IT in Clontarf and one night there was an outage - my workmate had to come in at 2:00am and saw a golden retriever in the business park - we NEVER see dogs in here so this was weird. Anyhoos the next afternoon who strolls by but the dog!! I went out to him and he was very friendly but was cold and damp and looked in a right state with his coat all muddy (it was winter). After being back at my desk for about 5 mins I knew I had to "save" him so I got him into the back of the car and left him into our local vets so they could take him to the pound - he wasn't chipped. I posted in lost and found here on boards and somebody replied saying their GR was missing from Crumlin and they'd been going out of their minds calling all the pounds etc. Anyhoos a few days later I called the pound and he'd been claimed!! :) I never found out if it was the same person from Boards thou..

Out of a couple of people who agreed that the dog needed help the rest were all of the frame of mind that I should just leave him out in the cold!
    SO the point to my story is that it just takes one person to take the dogs in/bring them to the vet/pound or call the warden and you'll get them back.

Got another call today from another lovely person. Dogs were about her mothers house - in fact one of the dogs just walked in the kitchen door from outside (which would be like my cheeky thing) and played with the children.

This is miles away from my work (and many more miles from home) so I do hope (if it is them) that they get home ok

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

dlambirl, every time you get a call from someone like that, try phoning the nearest pound and the nearest vet to that area and tell them your dogs have been sighted and ask them to keep an eye out for you.

The first thing I do if I find a lost dog is call the local vets to see if anyone's been looking for their dog.

• Advertisement

The nearest pound would be Cavan and I have posters in the 2 local vets. I will ring the pound again but the last time I rang pounds they said that once the dog has a microchip - they would be on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Please don;t give up hope, Our collie was missing eleven days after running away in a thunderstorm when we were out.

Just hang on in there; and please, take care of yourself also?

Keep calm and eat properly

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

dlambirl wrote: »
    Got another call today from another lovely person. Dogs were about her mothers house - in fact one of the dogs just walked in the kitchen door from outside (which would be like my cheeky thing) and played with the children.

This is miles away from my work (and many more miles from home) so I do hope (if it is them) that they get home ok

Would you not go there yourself to check if it is them & bring them home if it is?

Also, don't be relying on the pounds to ring you, even if your dog has a chip. Make it your business to keep calling them, every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Hope you have luck finding them this weekend - fingers crossed for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Just a bumpity bump to see if Benson ever got home okay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I have wondered about him too, am really hoping for a happy ending to this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

Was wondering aswell hope its good news

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

I can't imagine what your going through.... Hope you get some news real soon

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

Just wondering if there is any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

dlambirl wrote: »

I have him on facebook and some friends have put the message and photo up on theirs too which I am very grateful of. I dont wanna make a page especially.

OP if you still don't have your dog back try changing the caption on a picture on your Facebook accout to Missing - Reward and tag in the photo any bars, nightclubs, local services you have as friends on your account and it will appear on everyones wall who has them on their account. I seen some one try to sell rottie puppies in this way;)

Advertisement