Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRT attacking other small male dogs when out walking

Options
  • 17-06-2010 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Is there anything I can do about this? He's fine with big dogs and female dogs but often attacks other small male dogs. He's a rescue dog and has done this since we got him a few months ago. He's neutered and has a very happy home with us. Outside of this behaviour he's the sweetest dog in the world, great with people and kids. Is there anything I can do? It's getting a bit much walking him now, I'm afraid he's going to harm a dog someday :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

The first thing you need to do is buy a muzzel for him , then call dog training ireland , if they are too far away to help they may know some one closer that can help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭lisar201

Is there anything I can do about this? He's fine with big dogs and female dogs but often attacks other small male dogs. He's a rescue dog and has done this since we got him a few months ago. He's neutered and has a very happy home with us. Outside of this behaviour he's the sweetest dog in the world, great with people and kids. Is there anything I can do? It's getting a bit much walking him now, I'm afraid he's going to harm a dog someday :(

bring him to an obiedence/socialziation classes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

lisar201 wrote: »
    bring him to an obiedence/socialziation classes
    If he is attacking other dogs the lasts thing you want to do is bring him straight into a class full of other dogs , apart from anything else not trainer worth their salt will allow him in a class untill the agression issues have been delt with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

first buy a muzzle , then try more socializing and training classes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Falcon Crest

Thanks everyone. Will definitely do the training so and muzzle, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement