Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange questions.. Eircom broadband is in house, have no equipment for it?!

• 17-06-2010 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

G'day,

My mother in law's house has had Eircom BB for about 2 years now, and she pays the bill religiously.

About 8 months ago there was a bit of rennovation work done, and all the BB equipment was lost i.e. box, cables etc.

What do I need to get to get set up again? Do I have to get a specific Eircom box?

Might as well make use of it whilst its being paid for!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

connundrum wrote: »

basically:

a router for wireless network

or a cable to connect to a PC if you want hard-wiring

a fliter for the phone line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

connundrum wrote: »
    G'day,

My mother in law's house has had Eircom BB for about 2 years now, and she pays the bill religiously.

About 8 months ago there was a bit of rennovation work done, and all the BB equipment was lost i.e. box, cables etc.

What do I need to get to get set up again? Do I have to get a specific Eircom box?

No, any ADSL Modem/Router will work, just plug it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

testicle wrote: »
    No, any ADSL Modem/Router will work, just plug it in.

you of course will need to configure the modem with the Eircom username and password which are usually

eircom and broadband1

Advertisement