Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colm and Jim Jim vs Jim Jim and Paddy

• 17-06-2010 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I really think 2fm should use this opportunity to get rid of Colm Hayes, and I hope to God they do. You'd wonder how he got a job as a radio presenter considering how poor he is at the job. He constantly makes mistakes with the equipment, he's not funny, especially when he's trying to be, he craps himself anytime anything remotely non-pc gets brought up and he comes across as a complete w@nker a lot of the time when he's talking to listeners.

I find the breakfast show much more enjoyable with Jim Jim and Paddy McKenna, they're a lot easier to listen too and they work well together, and I hope 2fm keep them on!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

that show is useless, i dont mind jim-jim but it needs something else not paddy whats his name. hes a dose to listen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

OP: The text of your post contradicts the title of the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shazforgrub

I meant that as an arrow, lol, changed it there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Colm Hayes is a legend in Irish broadcasting. If some of the edjits gettin shows and slots in radio stations had a little smiggin of his talent...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

I think colm and Jim Jim are great but defo prefer paddy and Jim Jim they work really well together. I'd like to see them continue the breakfast show and maybe colm do something else. He's a million times better than Lucy kennedy that woman drives me mad - her laugh goes through my head!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

bbability wrote: »
    Paddy is that you?

Colm Hayes is a legend in Irish broadcasting. If some of the edjits gettin shows and slots in radio stations had a little smiggin of his talent...

Doesn't matter how many times you call Colm Hayes a legend, still doesn't make him an entertaining presenter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 historyoflime

Are Jim Jim and Paddy or Paddy and Jim Jim?

Think the latter sounds better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I much prefer Paddy and Jim Jim. They should keep that line up permanently. Paddy is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I keep hearing rumours about them moving to 98FM.
    WTF!?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shazforgrub

Really? Would find that hard to believe, hope its not the case anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I'd say it's just a rumour. They'd be walking back to Dublin radio with their tails between their legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

I feckin love Colm Hayes and can't wait for him to re-join Jim-Jim :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I love, have always loved, and will always love Colm & Jim Jim together.
    Jim Jim and Paddy works well, but it aint no Colm & Jim Jim!
    Personally I'm looking forward to the old duo being back together but would enjoy it if Paddy were made a more permanent fixture with them!

people, i usually tune over from today fm for the 6 out of 6 comp at 8.20. this comp is pathetic really because there is a remote chance that you will get the 6. possible but very slim. i normally only get 1-3 most mornings and i would reagrd myself as pretty good on most categories. for instance when they speak out the first line of the song its very hard to get it. annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

HATE Colm and Jim Jim, there not funny and all they do is talk about dublin, complete rubbish and not funny at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

jim jim was ok on his own
    but with the arrival of paddy mckenna as a partner for jim jim, the show has become car crash radio
    paddy has no charisma around him at all, he is dreadful
    i never thought i`d think that the return of colm would be a good thing
    why do we have to have inane dj`s in the morning anyway
    whats wrong with a station devoted to the playing of music, you could still have traffic and news reports
    oh please one day a dedicated rock station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I despise Colm and Jim Jim, well Colm really. I'd NEVER listen to it if Colm came back, only started listening to it since he left. I like Jim Jim and Paddy.PLEASE DONT BRING COLM BACK! (its more of a hatred of the Colm and Jim Jim show as opposed to Colm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Their major failing is that tey focussed the show too much on Dublin. They ignored the rest of Ireland. Meanwhile Ian Dempsey was travelling all around the country with his show scoring major PR points.

I think RTE should use their current situation to revamp the whole schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sedantez

I stopped listening to Colm & Jim Jim show after Colm left. I gave them a chance but Paddy was driving me mad. Jim Jim is good but Paddy just tries that bit too hard. And i’ve never seen so much self promotion of his band who never make national radio if he were not hitting the play button!!

I disagree with others and find Colm entertaining – he’s sponaneous and doesn’t mind letting his guard down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

It's just Paddy at the moment - so where is Jim-Jim??

• Advertisement

paddy is crap, hes got no talent for radio or TV. RTE will put anyone on a show, it dosent seem to matter if there good or not. you could have just got some random person of the street to present it with Jim-Jim. I actually dont mind Jim-Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I enjoyed Colm and Jim Jim, didn't know that they were to be reunited. That's good news. I think they play well off each other and have a click that just works. Fair play to them.

I also think that Paddy is ok too, maybe his own show might be better. I can't help but think that he's just a stand-in (sorry Paddy) for Colm.

It's all Gerry's fault though. (RIP)

Lucy is ok, I laugh at her laugh! the 9-12 slot will be hard for anyone Colm and Lucy seem restricted to a format that doesn't work well. Hopefully more positive changes on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Podcasts for the show haven't been available on iTunes for over a week, so is this because it's Paddy doing the show on his own? I'm not in Ireland at the moment and was wondering what's going on, because I usually like to listen to the podcasts.

Personally, I think Paddy is OK. I didn't really like him at the start, I thought he tried too hard and the accent was weird too - nothing wrong with it but I felt like he was using his accent to be funny, a bit like a few comedians from Navan.
    Jim Jim is bang on, he is relaxed and feels comfortable saying whatever he thinks of, and is good for a bit of banter. I was never a huge fan of Colm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I use to like colm and jim jim. I also used to hate Paddy Mckenna, but since he has joined jim jim my opinion has changed.
    Really think RTE should stick with jim jim and paddy. I also have to agree with shane10 - 6 out of 6 is so boring and tedious, i also switch to ian dempsey whilst that is on.
    On another positive note, Paddy Mckenna has a great taste in music. The songs he plays are deadly!

Advertisement