Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike and frame size calculator.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Velo Bro wrote: »
    Folks

Found this on the web and thought it might be useful. Seems quite accurate.

http://www.ebicycles.com/index.php

Velo Bro!

It way off with me it says i should be on a 56cm frame when a 53 fits me perfectly and it says i should 170 cranks.

The guy i paid to do my bike fit was way off according to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Velo Bro

I found it on the internet so it has to be right!!?????:o

Works for me, 31.5 inside leg and tells me a 54cm square frame is the way to go!

Compact size was a little off though.

Velo Bro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

There's one at competitivecyclist.com. Their server seems to be acting up at the mo' so I can't give an exact link. It goes in to a lot more datail including instructional videos on how to take your measurements. Baring in mind that every model of bike is different it's quite handy to have these. At the end it will suggest 3 sets of size ranges for a Competive Fit, Eddy Fit and French Fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Many, many years ago I did a thesis on determining the correct frame size. Many thousands of words, numerous diagrams and endless formulae and I came to the conclusion that the most scientific way to determine correct frame size is to look for the one you feel most comfortable on. No 2 people are alike, upper leg length, lower leg length, length of back and suppleness of muscles all determine frame comfort. This is what most formulae overlook.

• Advertisement

No 2 people are alike, upper leg length, lower leg length, length of back and suppleness of muscles all determine frame comfort. This is what most formulae overlook.

I agree however if one is to buy online without being able to fully inspect the frame beforehand it's handy to know such measurements. If they already cycle then they should already have an idea for what fit should suit them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

The ebicycles calculator is telling me 53cm and I should also consider 52cm, 54cm, 55cm, 56cm, 57cm, 58cm
    So I should be ok on a 52....or a 58 :confused:

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    It's telling me 53cm and I should also consider 52cm, 54cm, 55cm, 56cm, 57cm, 58cm :confused:

the ebicycles.com calculator I presume?

The calculator at competitivecyclist.com should throw recommendations for pretty much all dimensions of a frame.

Of couse, these are only guidelines. If one is without physical injury or deformity their body should be able to adapt to whichever frame they choose so long as its dimensions are somewhat suitable to begin with.

Advertisement