Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can you shoot bigger then a shotgun or 22 rifle in Ireland

Options
  • 17-06-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

There plenty of places where you can shoot clays with as shotgun or targets with a 22 but is there any ranges where members of the public can do some target shooting with something a bit bigger like a 30 06?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

The only authorised ranges catering for fullbore rifle shooting in Ireland at the mo. are:
    1. Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland (MNSCI), in Blueball, Tullamore.
    2. An Riocht, Castlemaine, Kerry
    3. Ballyhoura Rifle & Pistol Range, Kilfinane, Limerick

AFAIK - unless there's elsewhere I haven't heard about.
    but is there any ranges where members of the public can do some target shooting with something a bit bigger like a 30 06

From what I understand, "members of the public" (in its general sense) can only shoot at MNSCI (not sure about the visitor arrangements at an Riocht or Ballyhoura) if signed-in and vouched for by an existing member, and the visitor must have a valid FAC for the rifle they're using and have insurance. A range fee is also payable.

I don't think there is any facility which allows "pay by day" - AFAIK this is not permitted under the new regulations.

Hope that helps - Your best bet is to contact either MNSCI, an Riocht, or Ballyhoura directly and find out what the story is from the horses mouth. Hope that's of some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

Ballyhoura is also full bore , but as far as I know its memebers and singed in vistors only and you only shoot what you have a license for .
    contact the club for more info though (www.brpr.ie)
    Dar

Advertisement