Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Making Machine

Options
  • 17-06-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hello,

Would anyone know where I can rent an Ice Making Machine( as in ice cubes rather then dry ice) in Galway please. Need it for a party :)

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

carmex21 wrote: »
    Hello,

Would anyone know where I can rent an Ice Making Machine( as in ice cubes rather then dry ice) in Galway please. Need it for a party :)

Thanks....

I know you are asking for something specific but consider this if it is practical for you:

Unless you have loads of people, I would suggest getting a large amount of bags of ice instead - don't know exactly what a bag cost but something like 1.50-2 Euro so lets say 20 bags would cost 40 max? Just store them close together in a cool-ish area and should last you all night. You'd need like a bucket and something to scoop it with + someone occasionally running out to refill.

Also, even a professional ice maker would only churn out 25KG (12 bags) every 24H so may not cope
    http://www.easyequipment.ie/Nice-Ice-25Kg-Day-Ice-Maker-N25-p/n25.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Thanks swe_fi,

Good idea but the freezer they were going to use broke and it is for quite a large party so they thought an ice maker might be a good idea. It turns out though that you need water inlets and such stuff so I think they are just going to buy a new freezer and some bags of ice....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

OP has contacted me to let me know it's been sorted.

/moderation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement