Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam Fan Club O2

Options
  • 17-06-2010 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Hey,

Got my confirmation of access to the O2 for Pearl Jam's gig next week. Does anyone know what, if anything will be going on in the venue from 6.30?

As a fanclub member you get early access - from 6.15. Any other advantages?

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

What time does Ben Harper start at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Not sure - but wouldn't expect him on before 8...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Keedowah wrote: »
    Not sure - but wouldn't expect him on before 8...

Do the band not do a soundcheck for early access?

Other then that I presume its the access to the bar while everyone queues in the cold...or waits around in the lobby, however the new 02 Arena works

You get a headstart on the rest of the people queueing to get in - they get in at 6.30. But the O2 is not like the Point - there is no lobby area and to be honest there shouldn't be too much of a rush to get to the front, you get a great view from anywhere in the arena - or maybe I am showing my age....

5th or 6th time seeing them this Tuesday - hope its as good as Stone Temple Pilots were on Monday in the Olympia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

In America you get good seats with fan club tickets, here you just get in 15 minutes early and get a tshirt before the queues. Good to get a spot at the front too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I more just want to know if there'll be a pit. I don't necessarily wanna queue all day, but if I have to, I will.

I've been to a few rock gigs at the O2 now and there has never been a separate pit area - so I really doubt there will be one for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Ticketmaster has the times for this gig as follows:

Doors 6:30pm
    Ben Harper: 7:30 to 8:15pm
    Pearl Jam: 8:45 to 11pm

They didn't have a pit for RATM at the new Point and apparently they only do pits for bands with a mostly young audience so that would rule PJ out. I'd imagine PJ might go beyond the 11pm curfew.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Keedowah wrote: »
    I've been to a few rock gigs at the O2 now and there has never been a separate pit area - so I really doubt there will be one for this.

Yeah I'm just really unsure. I'll probably call them, but won't trust them after Muse.

JJ wrote: »
    Ticketmaster has the times for this gig as follows:

Doors 6:30pm
    Ben Harper: 7:30 to 8:15pm
    Pearl Jam: 8:45 to 11pm

They didn't have a pit for RATM at the new Point and apparently they only do pits for bands with a mostly young audience so that would rule PJ out. I'd imagine PJ might go beyond the 11pm curfew.

I doubt they will go beyond the 11pm curfew, we usually get short (well not short, but Pearl Jam short) gigs in Ireland. 2 hours will be the max I'd say. Would love to see longer, but cant see it happening. Heres hoping though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah I'm just really unsure. I'll probably call them, but won't trust them after Muse.

There wasn't a pit at RATM where there was a very hefty amount of moshing so I'd be very confident there won't be one at PJ.

Advertisement