Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Other language" requirement

Options
  • 17-06-2010 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if Portuguese is an acceptable language for entry requirements for Arts in UCD ?
    I'm doing it for the leaving cert and have put Arts down on my CAO but I'm not doing any other language(apart from Irish). So if I just have Portuguese will I get in?(if I get the points...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Dapper Dan wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if Portuguese is an acceptable language for entry requirements for Arts in UCD ?
    I'm doing it for the leaving cert and have put Arts down on my CAO but I'm not doing any other language(apart from Irish). So if I just have Portuguese will I get in?(if I get the points...)

Do you mean that you speak Portuguese or that you have done the Leaving Cert exam in Portuguese?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dapper Dan

Oh I'm taking leaving cert Portuguese in a weeks time but yeah I do speak it pretty well.
    I couldn't find any specific info about language requirements on UCD's site.
    Surely if I have leaving cert portuguese that'll be counted as my third language?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dapper Dan

Ah its cool I found it on the NUI website.
    I'm covered-thank god!

Advertisement