Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has done Sweet Charity?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Have any musical societies in Ireland ever done Sweet Charity? What was the feedback? My group are doing it in October this year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 randytylor

I think the Sweet Dreams Our Angels of Ireland has done it before but not sure when. Well apart from that is great to hear that. Before this there has been many other charities but from the different field and not by any musical group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Kilcock did it in 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Two of my friends were definitely in a production of this a few years ago. Could have been the Pioneers society I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elley

Cecilians in Limerick did it a number of years ago. Wasn't the best received show they did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 snoop78

Thanks guys,

We're doing it in Wexford this October. Looks like fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dramabob

DCU Drama did it in 2005 (I played Oscar, gawd help me).

I think Sweet Charity is more about certain brilliant and well known songs (Rhythm of Life, If They Could See Me Now, Big Spender). As a show, it isn't the best one you'll ever see. But it can be a lot of fun. I saw the Broadway revival in 2005 with Christina Applegate at Charity and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Best of luck!

Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 16 piggysue

it was on in Fermoy in cork a few years ago

Advertisement