Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology - Thoughts?

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭bridgetown1

Will the examiner give me no marks cause i put the wrong answer in the box or will he/she give marks because i had the right answer in my rough work?

examiners cannot choose your answers for you. the one in the box is the one that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

We used Edco's 'Biology-Revised Edition' by Michael O'Callaghan, and while I can't compare it to other books because I only used that one, I think it was a great textbook. It has a great layout and a summary of the chapter at the end of each chapter. Also, has nice colour photographs and clearly marked Ordinary and Honours level pages (Honours do everything in the book, Ordinary level doesn't have to do the pages with a yellow line running from top to bottom).

Highly recommended, one of my favourite coursebooks to be honest. :)

I would suggest getting the Revise Wise with it, that book is a God send.

I said Tryglecirde (sp?) was a component of fat. That should be right.

like some one snapped at me cos i said not sure if i got an A1 in biology (i think i did now) but want to be a doctor, .......................
    it does take years 5/6 training in college then a year as an intern to become a doctor.

chemistry is more useful for medicine than biology

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Ashashi wrote: »
    I would suggest getting the Revise Wise with it, that book is a God send.

I don't even think I could have sat the Leaving without Revise Wise History and Biology, absolute life savers.

Cliodhna. wrote: »
    This?->
    (iv) 1. In the second stage of photosynthesis compounds of the general formula Cx(H2O)y are
    formed. What name is given to this group of compounds?
    2. From which simple compound does the plant obtain the H used to make compounds of
    general formula Cx(H2O)y?

I think the general agreement is that its NADPH

H2O is answer.
    NADPH is wrong. the plant, as a whole organism, obtains the H from H2O. the NADPH is manufactured in the plant at a later stage.

• Advertisement

Mwah wrote: »
    omg i said water!!!! everyone laughed at me afterwards for it

he who laughs last etc.

you are right. they are wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

H2O is answer.
    NADPH is wrong. the plant, as a whole organism, obtains the H from H2O. the NADPH is manufactured in the plant at a later stage.
    Well best thing to do, when its debatable like now, is that it obtains the H from NADPH which comes from the H20.
    The plant does not make NADPH at a later stage, it has been made in the first stage already, where the splitting of water occurs.

Well best thing to do, when its debatable like now, is that it obtains the H from NADPH which comes from the H20.
    The plant does not make NADPH at a later stage, it has been made in the first stage already, where the splitting of water occurs.

by 'later stage' i meant after the H2O has been absorbed. sorry.

H2O is absorbed. split in hill reaction. H eventually ends up with NADP.

H20 is the source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

so glad i did Ordinary in the end haha

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

I just said NADPH which obtains its hydrogen ion from the splitting of h20 :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement