Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final results will be available no later than 5.00pm on Friday, 18 June.

Options
  • 17-06-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

One day away.
    Does anyone care?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As long as that D- of mine doesn't become an E, not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Would appreciate if my lecturers would actually get back to me.....seeing as I emailed them over a week ago......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Fad wrote: »
    Would appreciate if my lecturers would actually get back to me.....seeing as I emailed them over a week ago......

I always find it funny when lecturers insist "You might think we get 3 months off every year but we're actually in college every day working hard, even if we arent giving seminars/lectures". Then on top of not having to deal with students every day in lecturers in summer time they never seem to reply to any emails in anything less than 3 days...hard life alright.

Blut2 wrote: »
    I always find it funny when lecturers insist "You might think we get 3 months off every year but we're actually in college every day working hard, even if we arent giving seminars/lectures". Then on top of not having to deal with students every day in lecturers in summer time they never seem to reply to any emails in anything less than 3 days...hard life alright.

Took one of these well over a week to respond to me with a presentation time during term......expected slightly better from him around now tbh.

Frantic phone calls tomorrow >_<.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

The man who wears the purple jumpers and teaches intro to programming 2,
    initals DD?

• Advertisement

meathawk wrote: »
    The man who wears the purple jumpers and teaches intro to programming 2,
    initals DD?

Yep :D

Assclown......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I think they are up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

I think they are up now.

Are yours? Mine aren't!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

neither are mine!

Are yours? Mine aren't!

Mine were there at half 1 last night :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No sign of mine yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Mine are up now.
    That's me finished.

Mine are there now - no change. Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭Alkers

All the same, anyone's grades change?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mine changed. A history one (Interwar Europe) went from D+ to C-:D Ba-Zing!

Actually, thats a crap grade for me still, but can still do the Masters I want anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Mushy wrote: »
    Mine changed. A history one (Interwar Europe) went from D+ to C-:D Ba-Zing!

Actually, thats a crap grade for me still, but can still do the Masters I want anyway.

Nice, congrats on that.

This is especially interesting because i figured you would never go up a grade unless you specifically asked for it to be checked. I never doubted for a second you could go down though, is this just me being cynical again?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

The ones who are busiest do hardly any lecturing. My supervisor finishes at about 1 am most nights, as does my brother and he's a lecturer in a completely different field. But that's no excuse for rudeness, they should get back to you alright. I normally call into their offices rather than write.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Well, my point was more that I'd be slightly more understanding of their tardyness in replying when they have hectic schedules during term time when they have both research and teaching to deal with. When its summer time and all they have is research though its just a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

It's my experience that the more people are paid in university the more likely they are to bitch about stuff (and actually do less work at the same time). I include the Student Union in that, mind you. ;)

In FAQ it says that you should contact your School if your final grade changes. I would liberally interpret that as meaning if the grade goes down. :D

Advertisement