Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats up with Customs?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Anyone having problems with Customs lately?

They have a tablet PC sent to me from China for 3 days now and no request for Paypal invoice etc

They used to be very efficient i.e. sent out a notice the day after they got the parcel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

They're stopping a lot more goods lately, so taking longer to process everything. I'm sure they'll release it soon, and then you'll get the bill for vat/duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

you can gurantee you will be stung for VAT in the time of the boom years, All goods purchased 7 going trough the post were let on. But the way the Country is gone now you wont get away with much. without having to pay the Vat.
    So its hardly worth the hassle anymore buying abroad & having it delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

SIX PACK wrote: »
    you can gurantee you will be stung for VAT in the time of the boom years, All goods purchased 7 going trough the post were let on. But the way the Country is gone now you wont get away with much. without having to pay the Vat.
    So its hardly worth the hassle anymore buying abroad & having it delivered

It really depends on what it is - stuff I buy online is still cheaper even after considering the s&h, forex, VAT, customs & excise, and An Post delivery charge.

Advertisement