Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insure mobile phone?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Anyone know any trustworthy companies that I can insure my own with? I googled a few but wanted to be sure they're safe before committing to anything.

I tried doing it direct with Vodafone but they don't insure PAYG mobiles.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

do you have house insurance? some companys will cover you under that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,464 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I wouldn't bother insuring it under a dedicated mobile phone policy, these policies usually have so many restrictions and exclusions that they will find some way to get out of paying you.

One classic exclusion that I'm aware of is that if you lose the phone in a public place then they won't pay, this means that if you leave the phone in a pub or taxi (which probably covers 99% of cases of lost phone) you have wasted your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

from my experience maybe try a brokers? a broker i used insured a load of random stuff for me before and were very helpful

edit sorry my brokers kellehers insurance in drogheda.

Advertisement