Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three.ie a backwater for Three.com ?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭

Looking at Three.com I sense that the other Three national operators offer a wider hardware range and much lower operating costs ( I looked at Three.at in particular ) than Three in Ireland.

This gets me wondering are Three thinking of throwing in the towel in ROI. ?

Answers ( as always ) on a postcard........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Competition. Everything is dragged upwards by eircom's high line rental. Almost the worst network in OECD and the most expensive line rental in the World.

Lidl & Aldi charge higher here too, as they only have to compete with Dunnes/Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

By hardware, I assume you mean phones? This is more appropriate in the mobile phone forum.

All Irish operators do the same thing, they offer fewer choice in the Irish market simply because they can. It's the same reason they charge more here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

jor el wrote: »
    By hardware, I assume you mean phones? This is more appropriate in the mobile phone forum.............

Well, if you like. ( you know what they say about ass U me :P )

I posted this originally on the midband forum because I was looking @ dongles, Mifi and internet access costs.
    Am I correct in understanding that a Drei.at PAYG dongle has full access to a Three.ie network at Drei.at tariffs ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

0lddog wrote: »
    Am I correct in understanding that a Drei.at PAYG dongle has full access to a Three.ie network at Drei.at tariffs ?

Looks like it from reading T&Cs , 3 Austria is operating in a market with very high 3g data pnetration ( on top of real broadband like dsl cable and fibre)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Well i cant see them doing that. Everyone seems to be on three broadband.

Their handset range seems to be getting alot better too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Everyone seems to be on three broadband.
    Hell no! :D

Advertisement