Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nerves before Fights?

• 17-06-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what way do you guys deal with yours whats your special way of dealing with them before fights?For my first one in September ill just listen to my fav songs? What your way? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

you fight is a LONG way away dude, your only going to give yourself more nerves by thinking about how to stop the nerves this far away, focus on your training and getting yourself ready for the fight.

Music would work for me doh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Jesus man it seems like ur making a new thread every other day and they're almost always things you should ask your trainer.

If you think about nerves this early ur only gonna be broken down by the time the fight come around. I usually used to just zone out the day of the fight. Gameplan and everthing will be decided beforehand so just try not to stress during the day. Music helps but I usually left it to just before the fight to get me going.

This song will have u itching to fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

martic wrote: »
    Thanks you script that names youtube videos.
    And no.........no.Bad martic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

I like to have 6 or 7 frosty cool ones.

They say one beer a day is good for you......10 beers = x10 as good!

Nerves are natural. There'd be something wrong with you if you didn't feel nervous. I like to go to the gym and do some light work the day before then use the jacuzzi followed by the cold shower for 2-3 minutes. That preps me out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

i dont get nerves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Just wondering what way do you guys deal with yours whats your special way of dealing with them before fights?For my first one in September ill just listen to my fav songs? What your way? :)

Just concentrate on your training from now until Sept. Try not to think about the Sept league otherwise you'll just psych yourself out of it instead of in to it. Just focus on your conditioning, techniques and sparring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

i dont get nerves

You compete?

• Advertisement

yep.

i dont get nerves

You obviously don't compete or you're special. I was nervous to the point of puking in my first boxing fight. In Kickboxing I was ok because I was so young. I'm yet to have an MMA fight but I'm expecting nerves then too.
    It's totally natural. All the fighters I know get nerves. Some like to act big and say they don't but they're visibly ****ting themselves before the fight then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Ive had 6 league fights and 1 C-class fight. I was surprised that for the C-class fight I had absolutely no nerves. I was very calm and focussed. I nearly puked for my league fights though. Ive kinda got my own pre-fight ritual these days to stop me bein nervous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

i dont get nerves
    He really doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

i dont get nerves

Lies.

What I would suggest OP is to not think about it so much and concentrate on your gameplan and strategy now. Put the work in so you can honestly say to yourself that you did everything possible to fight. Listen to music. Use the nerves and turn them into excitement (the 2 emotions are not very different).

This is all easier said than done and honestly it gets easier to cope with over time. The nerves never go, and why would they? Think about it. You are preparing your body and mind to engage in what the mind thinks is a dangerous activity. The nerves you feel are warning signals and basically your body and mind preparing for whats to come. It's primal and its natural.

The best of luck, and no matter how you do, no that it takes big balls of steel to willingly get in a cage or ring to do what you do.

Lies.

P**s off if you think im lying.

dont bother with nerves man try not to think oh and listen to music to chill if your nerves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lies.

Why say its lie's?.

I don't compete in MMA, my style is Judo.

However I don't get nervous on the day of competition, but I do in the few days running up to it.

The night before I compete I go the local, have two or three pints to settle any last minute nerves and get an early night.

On the day of competition I've a 'well we're here now, lets fight' and I'm completely calm.

I was the same when I was kickboxing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

You obviously don't compete or you're special.

Believe me, he's special!

:)

Advertisement