Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special deals for new customers Q?.

Options
  • 17-06-2010 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how this works and the justification for it.

Example recently is my gym membership to TotalFitness.

I've been a member for 12yrs and had my annual renewal notice posted to me last week - €598 for 12 months.

However if I was a new member I could have availed of their special new member package which worked out at €398 for 12 months!.

I'd a recent problem with a Sky HD package whereby I wasn't entitled to the free Sky HD box & package new customers were being offered, so I went with NTL/UPC.

It just doesn't make any sense to me that I'm required to pay €200 more to renew my membership than a new customer.

Anyone?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Just like sky, they'll have T&C's saying that you can only take up the offer once.

Its part of the marketing budget.

I'm sure there was some offer available when you joined a few years back?

Just write back to them and say that you have decided not to renew at the end of this contract as you have been offered a better deal elsewhere - then wait a few days for their "offer to stay special" to come to you:D

The best was the old Dundrum Gym, which gave an extra month for each year you were a member up to an extra 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Just wondering how this works and the justification for it.

Example recently is my gym membership to TotalFitness.

I've been a member for 12yrs and had my annual renewal notice posted to me last week - €598 for 12 months.

However if I was a new member I could have availed of their special new member package which worked out at €398 for 12 months!.

I'd a recent problem with a Sky HD package whereby I wasn't entitled to the free Sky HD box & package new customers were being offered, so I went with NTL/UPC.

It just doesn't make any sense to me that I'm required to pay €200 more to renew my membership than a new customer.

Anyone?.

Theres nothing illegal about it so vote with your feet or threaten to and negotiate. If they treat you badly then go to someone else that will treat you well.

Advertisement