Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Other Language" Entry Requirement

• 17-06-2010 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if Portuguese is an acceptable language for the "other language" requirement for some courses?
    I'm doing it for the leaving cert and have put Arts down on my CAO but I'm not doing any other language(apart from Irish). So if I just have Portuguese will I get in?(if I get the points...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Just look up the entry reguirements on the site of your chosen college.They should have all the info you need.If they don't send them an email.Most people on this site wouldn't be 100% correct and with something as important as this I wouldn't leave it up to some stranger in the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dapper Dan

Yeah UCD don't have any info about that I could find on their website, I've e-mailed them but no reply as of yet.
    Ha and don't worry I wasn't planning on taking strangers' opinions as definitive, was just wondering if someone could point me in the direction of info to help me.
    Cheers for the concern though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

quote from answer to question 13 >>>>>> http://www.nui.ie/college/entry-requirements-faqs.asp

"All languages provided in the Leaving Certificate are acceptable. Classical Studies and Hebrew Studies are not considered as language subjects."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dapper Dan

Cheers. Thats a great help. I was pretty sure i was covered but the last-minute panic got me!

Advertisement