Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No one picking up phone in Halifax

Options
  • 17-06-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

I know the Halifax are closing tomorrow but i am trying to get through to them today and no-one is picking up. Just ringing ringing and ringing.

I have a CC that is always paid off 100% each month but I want to know if I have to do anything or whether the account will just close itself...

Anyone know what the story is?

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Managed to get through finally. Must have been all employee meeting or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Don't worry they will 'eventually' get in touch with you. In fairness Halifax deserve the same respect that they have threated most customers with. None really. I wouldn't worry, they're all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DocBrowne

To close the Halifax credit card you need to ring the call centre on 1890 882 700 to get your closing balance, and then instruct them to close the card. You'll be given a figure comprising of any outstanding purchases, any interest owed plus €30 government stamp duty for 2011. (You will however get an exemption letter for the stamp duty so if you open a new card before April 1st 2011 you won't need to pay it a second time.) You can pay the outstanding balance over the phone via Laser, or you can pay it into any of the 23 Halifax branches that are open until Wednesday 23rd June. You do need to instruct the bank to close the card.

Advertisement