Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N18 Roadworks AGAIN

Options
  • 17-06-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Cars now drive along the hard shoulder and into the hotel to re-appear coming out of the hotel seconds later but the other drivers think they are coming from the hotel AND LET THEM IN.

6 or 7 cars I'd say did this. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Berty wrote: »
    Cars now drive along the hard shoulder and into the hotel to re-appear coming out of the hotel seconds later but the other drivers think they are coming from the hotel AND LET THEM IN.

thanks for the tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

excellent shortcut berty Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Works most mornings for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lol, now everyone knows Berty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bazz26 wrote: »
    Lol, now everyone knows Berty. :)

So does the Paddy Wagon that drove the same way, put on its blue lights and forced it ways in at the front only to switch off its blue lights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Twice over the last couple of days, a truck got tired of the people "overtaking" him and pulled into the remains of the right hand lane to prevent people passing him. Only problem was he was only straddling the two lanes.

At least five cars drove on the grass in the centre median to get past. FFS like. One was even on her mobile.

I had a truck yesterday in the overtaking right next to me yesterday moving at the same speed, around 20kph. When it came to the end he flicked on his indicator to come across. I kept at the same speed as he could have merged behind me because to have merged in front of me would involve me breaking and making the backlog worse. He comes in behind my car flashing his lights and blowing the fog horn WHILST READING THE SUN NEWSPAPER.

BTW the delay yesteday around the 8:30am mark was because a concrete truck was doing a 3 point turn as the guys were putting down a footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

MarkR wrote: »
    Twice over the last couple of days, a truck got tired of the people "overtaking" him and pulled into the remains of the right hand lane to prevent people passing him. Only problem was he was only straddling the two lanes.

At least five cars drove on the grass in the centre median to get past. FFS like. One was even on her mobile.

I remember seeing this happen last time. I was shouting in my rear view mirror.

FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! CRASH!CRASH! CRASH!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

You hardly saw that from the fast overtaking lane, did you?

I had a truck yesterday in the overtaking right next to me yesterday moving at the same speed, around 20kph. When it came to the end he flicked on his indicator to come across. I kept at the same speed as he could have merged behind me because to have merged in front of me would involve me breaking and making the backlog worse. He comes in behind my car flashing his lights and blowing the fog horn WHILST READING THE SUN NEWSPAPER.

BTW the delay yesteday around the 8:30am mark was because a concrete truck was doing a 3 point turn as the guys were putting down a footpath.

There is a delay every morning single at that time, concrete trucks or not. Amazingly this morning for the first time in a month there was no queue.

• Advertisement

Roadend wrote: »
    You hardly saw that from the fast overtaking lane, did you?

I hopped into the left lane very early actually. How do you get to work? On your High Horse is it? :D

I hopped into the left lane very early actually. How do you get to work? On your High Horse is it? :D

Well ya, horses have right of way on the road, sailed right through :cool:

Advertisement