Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case 4230 Hydraulics

Options
  • 17-06-2010 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my case 4230 lift only operates at low revs and by rotating the steering wheel, theres a high pitch grinding sound coming from the rear axle. Also a hammering sound from the brakes and steering. I suspect its the hydraulic pump. Is this hard too fix if it is ? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

hyd pump is shot, get a new one, and change filters and oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Thanks, just wondering is it hard to replace or would i need to get a mechanic to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 demonx

It depends on how confident your are at mechanics. You will need to open the damaged pump and inspect it to see what has broken up and can you find all the pieces. If you can find the pieces then they have most likely gone through your system and you will need to flush out the entire system at least once other wise you will have particles of steel get stuck in valves, cylinders etc. NB I would not use the machine until you get it looked at or sorted.

Advertisement